Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mediocrity Tag!

This post is in response to this challenge from my friend Larissa:

"Enough already! I sit down for a walk down acquaintance lane, and while perusing through the blogs of friends and family I'm accosted with massive amounts of over-achieving. It's not a true example of historic accuracy. Where are the TV watching, preservative eating, unvacuumed lives of my peeps? So TAG!!!! I challenge all who read this plea, to put down their craft projects, and t-ball trophies---just for a few hours, and let me see the human side of your lives. I'm not asking for a video account of you losing your temper after one of your 45 sons pees in the garbage can. Maybe just a picture of an unmade bed, or a mole with hair growing out of it. ---Am I the only one who occasionally feels a little green with envy after a half-hour of blog surfing?"


I have to say that it took me a few days to post because I was so embarrassed :-( But I got all brave and did it anyway.
My closet. The door that is never open. Those bags have things that don't have a place of their own, they go in the closet until I find a place for them. Some of them have been there for over a year.
Same here. No one ever looks in here so I stuff it with stuff all the time, I ran out of space so I cleaned the thing a week ago. I got rid off some old magazines, found a couple of rolls of toilet paper, some band aids, oh and some stamps!! good thing because I only had two left :-)
A corner in my room, that box has been there since the last time my mom came!
Those have been there for a VERY LONG time. I think that if I stack them nicely it looks better. Dave does not agree.
Oh dear Banana, I will end your suffering in a few minutes when you become part of my smoothie, I am glad you waited >2 weeks for me :-)

I do love to have clean floors, I used to mop every day. I kind of do every other day since the little one believes food belongs on the floor. My real problem is hiding things in little places and never coming back to them. I just found a shirt that I bought before Christmas!!!!
Oprah I need help!

9 comments:

Jared and Jennifer said...

Finally, someone who can admit that they are...well...normal! I too get discouraged sometimes blog-hopping..;and therefore don't post on my own blog because I feel so under-achieved. Thank You for your post. I will take a picture of my scary spaces just for you Belky. I always love reading your blog because you are a real mom just like me. Oh, by the way...where are you moving?
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Scary closet or not, those boots are darling!!

Laura said...

lol...belky you always make me laugh. if anyone's blog is "real" it's yours. my weakness is the table. it never stays clear of mail, toys that have been put in "time-out," etc. in pursuit of minimizing that mess, i've taken to throwing away all magazines--even the ensign once the new one comes and my husband's dental magazines that he swears he wants but i know he never reads (they either create piles on my table or on his desk--another shame all its own).

maybe your friend should go to my blog. i haven't blogged about the confessions in the previous paragraph, but lately, i actually HAVE been accused of not being happy enough by my sister and another friend. imagine that. certainly ironic in light of your friend's tag. =)

Cailean said...

I'd love to know how long it took you to Photoshop that stuff into the photos...I just don't believe your place would ever be anything except perfectly clean because it always is! Thanks for inventing some mediocrity though so the rest of us feel better :) I have been meaning to do Larissa's tag too. I love your new blog header by the way!

Larissa said...

That's what I like to see! It makes me feel better that even you have messes, as I think of you as always having everything clean! I also have things stashed away because I don't know what to do with them. But I have lots of things out, too, because I don't know where to put them. So I think hiding them away in bags is a great secret. Thanks for doing this! I still know that you are a supermom.
I love the last line to Oprah. (:
Great post. (And I too was a little embarrassed to post mine)!

Kariann said...

Belky, you are awesome!! Thanks for helping me see other people are real out there too!! Messes, clutter and all it doesn't define who you are!! I love you blog about stuff like this!:)

Belkycita said...

You want to hear something funny?
Dave looked at the blog and said. "I didn't recognize that place!" Th picture with the medicine in it. He hasn't seen it in a very long time. I usually go and get what he needs so he doesn't get to see it.

keri said...

Hey Belky,
I think one of the reasons we love to blog is because we can make our life seem more glamorous than it really is. I guess you are right though, we do need to show the dingy along with the sparkly some times.

Solveig Atwood said...

I love it, Belky! I get so annoyed with the narcissistic, self-important, perfectionistic nature of some of the blogs I read. (Never yours, btw.) It's one of the reasons that I don't post as often as I should...because I feel like I have nothing to say that anyone would want to read when compared to their own perfect lives. So I love that you posted this. I'll take a picture of my storage room for you...it is atrocious.