Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm having second thoughts :-(

You see, since we moved here, Fall 2004 We found two of the greatest people in the world.Robert and Camille have been our friends from the very beginning.
We've created out own traditions...Annual trip to the Tulip Festival.
Have broken something that belong to the other :-)They have been part of many "firsts" of our babies.
We have seen the rustiest places together.
Perfected the art of making cakes, well, really perfected the art of making cakes together! (One of us is a perfectionist while the other is not )

They have taken care of us since the very first time they could (Robert has moved us TWICE!! don't worry someone else will move the piano this time). Watch the girls more times that we could have ever afforded (the best thing is that they wanted too!) let us use their car when ours was dead and I can go on for FOREVER!!

What made me think of it again?
You see David left, again :-( I got very sick right before he left. The night he left I was so sick, I was worried about the safety of the girls (I'm sure I over reacted) anyway. Robert and his brother gave me a blessing. The next day they took us to a park and they played with the girls while I sat with my rover nose. Next day they took the girls so they would have some other kind of interaction besides TV. They took Elena to church and at the very last minute picked up Dave from the airport.

How am I supposed to survive in S.A. when they are staying here in Seattle?
But mostly...How can I go? when they keep saying the twins are not ours??
Here is proof that they are :-) First family portrait! (please ignore my scary face)


Maybe we should stay? or find Robert a Job there :-) he he he...

7 comments:

cherlyn and family said...

you will be miss and I wish you the best in S.A.

LizzyP said...

What an amazing miracle to have friends who are that wonderful.

Melissa said...

It is awful to leave great friends...but they will be there when you come back!

Cailean said...

I think you were all friends before this life and I'm sure you will be friends forever and ever. You 4 are definitely joined at the hip(s)!

Kristin said...

I have been having my share of second thoughts the past couple weeks too. I think our trip to KSA really brought home the reality of it all for me.
Most days I run a range of emotions, dreaming one minute of how life there will be, how it will always be sunny and no rain, to then thinking I am going to miss the west coast I love all the green and the trees!
I think of the friends and family we will be leaving behind, and then I think of all the people that we will meet and share a special bond with because we have been though "KAUST" together.
I also remind myself often that we don't have to stay there forever, but then I think, what if we love it and don't want to leave.
I know that we really do want to do this and if we didn't we would spend the rest of our lives wondering what would have been. So... I think feelings like this are totally normal and can not be avoided. And what is also neat is that the majority of the people at KAUST will all be "in the same boat", on the Red Sea. ;)

Jen said...

I can't even imagine one of you without the other! You have been so blessed to find such a wonderful friendship!
We live about 45 minutes outside of DC. All our neighbors work up there - this is where people live who work in DC. Plus, our families live even closer to the city, just about 15 minutes out. So, yes, we are definitely close enough to play! If you need a place to stay, we've got plenty of room, too! And I will be so mad at you if you come here and don't see me!

Anna said...

What an amazing blessing to have formed such an incredible friendship. I don't think continents and oceans will ever break what you have!