Monday, September 21, 2009

KAUST Inauguration

I (David) was out taking pictures last night, when suddenly an eerie glow appeared...

No, it wasn't a giant laser (I think) -- just a practice run for part of the KAUST Inauguration ceremony that will take place on Wednesday.

EDIT: Yes, I did take the picture; hopefully I won't get picked up by the royal guard for leaking this photo...and Grant, the Eye of Sauron was exactly what came to my mind when I first saw it.

If you want to watch the inauguration live (I think it will be quite a show; rumor is that the King is spending $100 million on it), click here, and then click 'sign up for reminders'. You may even get to see me on stage at the very end.

7 comments:

The Hanchetts said...

did you take that picture, Dave? You really have a talent for picture taking! You should forget about teaching at KAUST, move to Phoenix and start your own photography business with your favorite "sister"! Think about it! :)

Grant said...

The eye of Sauron. Only green this time.

Cailean said...

Sure looks like a giant laser! Wow if that's them practicing, I can't wait to see what the real thing is like!

Meg said...

CRAZY! It looks like Aliens coming to abduct someone. Watch out!

Momma Twitch said...

Crazy! I love all the pictures you take!

Cheryl said...

Freaky. But I do agree that you could start up a photography business in your next life. Is there anything you can't do? I had a dream the other night that we were having some big celebration honoring you. I'm so cool, I wrote you a nice long note on this super long counter in the room where the party was, only to realize that we didn't own that room. It was a weird dream. But the point is, I had no trouble thinking of great things to say about you.

Miss you.

Lindsey said...

That is an amazing photo. Looks like it will be quite spectacular. Wow.