Well, guess what?! Somehow the King did not want to meet me or the girls personally
So we went with the crowd to an area designated to watch the show on some HUGE screens.
We didn't let that get us down, we still got all pretty up for the big event.
I was very encouraged by my sweet heart to get a new dress, but since I couldn't be with him for the ceremony that started during bed time I just couldn't get a picture of it.
Disappointing, I know but I will have him take my picture and post it later when I remember :-) Just remember to keep hydrated,
since I don't remember things as often anymore.
So we went with the crowd to an area designated to watch the show on some HUGE screens.We didn't let that get us down, we still got all pretty up for the big event.
I was very encouraged by my sweet heart to get a new dress, but since I couldn't be with him for the ceremony that started during bed time I just couldn't get a picture of it.
Disappointing, I know but I will have him take my picture and post it later when I remember :-) Just remember to keep hydrated,
since I don't remember things as often anymore.We thought that we were going just to watch the big show. Instead we also got to hear 4 speeches; The King, the president of the University, the Minister of Oil and the Minister of Higher education. It could have been enlightening if it wasn't because the only one that spoke English was the President of the University Choon Fong Shih.
We gotta hurry and learn Arabic.
Some of us were pleased and others not so much :-)
We gotta hurry and learn Arabic.Some of us were pleased and others not so much :-)
But once all that was over, someone stood up and said something we couldn't understand but most people started walking towards the water, so we turned around and...
The real show started!!Photos courtesy of Elena and Marin.
4 comments:
I watched the WHOLE THING online yesterday (yep...that's how exciting work was). They had a guy typing a translation of the 3 speeches that were in Arabic (that's the language, right?). Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. Just lots of praising and lots of lets be the best we can be sort of stuff.
Too bad the girls didn't get to meet the King...he looked friendly.
those fireworks are AMAZING! wow!
Just catching up on blogs - Thanks for sharing your experiences. What a great time ahead of you. Tell the girls I love them. Glad everyone got over the bugaboo you had - stay healthy! love you
Seems I slept through all the requisite speeches...
I just want to comment that things are a bit slow in this neighborhood lately. I miss you guys!
Isn't it about time for life to settle down so we can get reports and PICTURES more often????
Or are we going to have to reconcile to five years of this?
Post a Comment