Last night they kept launching lots of very LOUD fireworks as part of the ongoing practice for the inauguration. There were also more neon green lasers. And police cars every quarter mile between here and Jeddah.
The large half-circle shaped building in the picture in the last post is actually a tent, with stadium seating for 3500 and what appears to be the world's largest disco ball. That's where the inauguration ceremony will take place. Another tent, which you can just make out directly behind the beacon, houses a very spiffy exhibit hall where I'll be schmoozing politicians, princes, and Nobel prize winners this afternoon (before the ceremony). There's another tent, off to the left of the picture, where we'll apparently be having dinner with the king after the show.
Thanks for all your nice comments on the picture; did I mention I could never take pictures like this without that nice tripod Belky gave me? I've decided nighttime photography is a lot of fun, especially here in KSA where they really like to light up everything with bright colors at night.
Here's a direct link to the live inauguration webcast. Tune in at 16:25 GMT today.
Edit: Okay, since Gus asked, the inauguration starts at
7:25 p.m. in Thuwal
9:25 a.m. Pacific
10:25 a.m. Mountain
11:25 a.m. Central
12:25 a.m. Eastern
4 comments:
Oooooooooh, don't give us this GMT! My head will explode. What is it in East Coast or West Coast time?
You're just having way too much fun with that camera, but when does Belky get to take some more pictures?
Is Ramadan FINALLY over???????
You are so funny!
Ramadan is over and I will take more pictures now that the little camera's battery can be charged. The battery died and I needed a power converter to pug it in.
Oh wait, that last comment was mine, Belky
I caught part of the inauguration ceremony on the internet. It was facinating (I didn't understand anything that was being said, but at least I could read a quick translation). It all seems very exciting--and KAUST is beautiful!
Post a Comment