I thought about for a long time about posting this, so please don't take me the wrong way, my bragging comes from being so loved :-)
You see my sweet husband gave me a Spa gift certificate for Mothers day. Amazing I know, but the really amazing part is that even though he loves me and is willing to do anything (almost) that I want he has his limits. In his mind that kind of pleasure is fun but too expensive to justify. That is the way he was raised (thanks mom and dad) usually,mostly his gifts are more valuable because of what they are, they usually hold sentimental values in them. So what made him change his mind?
I didn't know, so after I said my "thank yous" I asked him that, and this is what he said "Because you deserve it!"
He had seen me have horrible headaches, complain about feeling ugly and state that my feet are the most scary thing from my body. So, what did he do? He got me a massage, pedicure and facial.
Yesterday was my very first time at a Spa, and let me tell you they KNOW how to make you feel pampered!!
Since it was my first time I wanted to share what I learned.
1.-Massage, Jen, you were right! I never felt uncomfortable and it was so good I didn't want to leave the table after my time was up. My favorite part? The table was heated... mm good!
2.-Facial, I compare it to giving birth. The outcome is wonderful but you have to forget about the pain before doing it again! Favorite part? How my face feels now.
3.-Pedicure, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! That woman worked my feet like no one else before. She massage up to my knees and then put some warm stuff on them, booties and let me rest for a little while. Then she did my NOW pretty toe nails. Favorite part?Everything! and talking to the lady that did it, she was nice and the OWNER! she studied religions and it was nice to learn her point of view and learn more about Muslims.
I came home and my sweetheart let me share every detailed with him ( I knew I was boring him) but seriously I was so relaxed nothing bother me for the rest of the day.
To my David, thanks for such a nice gift, you not only gave me the gift certificate,you sacrificed your time to work on your thesis to be with the girls.
I love you :-)
10 comments:
That's such a thoughtful gift, and you DO deserve it! I LOVE pedicures, not crazy about massages just because of the awkward factor, and never had a facial but always wanted one...thanks for your opinion!
Wow! I'm a bit jealous, although Heath actually massaged my feet for a while the other day--a first for him and I know he had a hard time with it--he thinks my feet are the ugliest things in the world!
I love massages. What makes a facial painful? I've never had one. Sounds wonderful, I think you always look great!
You do deserve it! I've actually never done that either. Someday . . .
I am soooo glad you married such a wonderful guy!!!! He'd be wonderful even if he didn't give such great gifts, but this really seals the deal, doesn't it?! I think you two deserve each other! And I'm grateful to be your mom! love you!
Firstly I love your "KSA" section now! It will be fun to learn more about it! Wow that is such an awesome Mother's Day gift!! That is true compassion from a husband who understands what his wife needs to feel pampered. You deserve such a relaxing thing!!! Although facials scare me now...did you get an epidural?
Belky, go to this website for an excellent list of books for beginning readers.
http://www.education.uiowa.edu/crl/bibliographies/pdf/beginning_readers.pdf
To Dave: You are such a wonderful husband!
To Belky: I'm so excited that you had such a wonderful mother's day. Thanks for sharing it with us all. Lov you!
Sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your first spa experience. :) May you have many more. ;)
Sorry to leave this on your blog, but I don't think you checked back because I haven't heard from you, but check out the winners of my last giveaway: www.flowersandbows.blogspot.com
Post a Comment