The dishwasher was full of clean dishes. One side of the sink was overflowing with clean dishes, the other side with dirty ones, there were even on the counter. Dishes, dirty and clean everywhere.
While emptying the dishwasher, 4 cups were still dirty, gr grrr.. I guess I finally have to rinse the dishes before loading the machine.
The truth is, I never do, the machine does its job but lately it hasn't been what it should be.
There were a lot of dishes to rinse and I debated rubbing them with my own hands, since the other option would be getting the brush and using it to rub the dishes (you may ask yourselves, isn't that its purpose?) You have to understand that by using the brush I am "purposely" getting it dirty.
Then the water brings its own problems. Since the whole world is going green, and truly there are a lot of dishes to do it my way, I would have to fill the sink with water and rinse them all with that, soon to be, filthy water (just like Kori taught me).
I am happy to announce that I followed Kori's teachings and used clean/dirty water to wash the dishes, and I used the brush! (which is now yucky with food)
I also considered running the machine twice since the dishes were rinsed with dirty water, but I can't do that to our bill, that will bring other problems.
I know, I know, I have problems but I don't think even Oprah can help me now :-(
5 comments:
Wow. You are super special! Love you!
I'd love to see you on Oprah: "Woman Cannot Bring Herself to Use Dish Brush to Clean Dishes" and Oprah having her "lightbulb" moments for you. Does she still do those? I only watch Oprah when I want a good laugh.
Hey Belky-
I hear you on the dishwasher thing. I am VERY grossed out when the brush gets food pieces in it. I came up with a solution that works great at our house. The brush MUST go through the dishwasher like any other utensil EVERY night so it is fresh and clean the next morning. Give it a try...see what you think...It always looks like new when I do it!!!
P.S. I just LOVE your blog. I promise I will post a pic of a scary place in my house...just for you!
I also do as Jen does and wash the brush with the rest of the dirty dishes. I have also through sponges and washrags in (why use a whole load in the washer when they can go through with the dishes - however they don't dry completely - but are still clean).
You really learned that from me? I actually hate using a brush, but I bought one (with the attachment to release dish soap) for Cledi's helpers because I was going through a bottle of dish soap every week!
Post a Comment