Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter fun. chapter #1

As one of my attempts to be a better FUN mother. I decided to make Easter sugar cookies with the girls. I borrowed a big step stool for Victoria and got to work!Victoria stuck her spoon in the shortening and started licking it while I was helping Elena with the bitters!!!
(I started sweating)Then she went for creamed shortening and butter with some sugar added.
(I was feeling dizzy)Rolling out the dough. Yes, she was eating flour.
(I think I was finally accepting my defeat)Ducky, bunny, eggs and flower shape cutters, courtesy of Grandma :-)
(My rope has an end and she had to go, it was her or the dough! she was eating it all!)
See that concentration? Same face as her Daddy.
(I can breathe now, she is more like me. The flour on her shirt was graciously "given" to her)
Stay tune, there is more....

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like Victoria belongs here with me and the boys! We make LOTS of messes! But my house is never clean and neat like yours... sigh...

Lindsey said...

You are a fun mom! And your cookies were delicious! Victoria is adorable. I love making messes, but I don't like cleaning them up.

Laura and crew said...

I think it took me a good 6 years to willingly let my kids participate in messy projects. Even now there are somethings I cannot get over. Like finger paint and normal paint and glue and, well, there's a lot of things...

Cailean said...

You are one of the most fun moms/people I know and don't you forget it! Messes or no messes! It can be overwhelming to have more than one kid help in the kitchen - one's sneaking spoonfuls of sugar, one's playing around with the raw eggs, one's dumping too much salt in...okay maybe just my kids :)