I just want to add two quick things to Belky's post about our trip to DC (isn't she sweet?).
1. Did you know that in KSA they measure the annual rainfall in MILLIMETERS? Wikipedia even has this: "rainfall usually occurs in small amounts in December". Meaning rainfall does not occur the other eleven months. At all. Needless to say, when it rained yesterday, I took the girls out to jump in puddles.
2. When those evil people refused to trade seats with us on the plane, I cackled wickedly inside as I left Elena sitting between them. "Let's just see how long they hold out with my 3-year old next to them," I said to myself. "I'll give them 20 minutes before they beg me to trade seats."
Needless to say, Elena was an angel. After 2 hours, I overheard one of them ('my friend Dwayne', according to Elena) say "she's just adorable!"
Just when you want your kids to be awful, they have to go and be sweet. Arrgh.
5 comments:
What a great idea to enjoy the Seattle rain while you can! I hope the hearts of the people on the plane were softened, even if only later, by sitting by such a wonderful little girl!
What a great dad you are! Take lots of photos of that puddle jumping so you can remind the girls...
love you!
We do have one super sweet girl, I did wished she would have spilled something on them.
I know... I'm working on repenting.
Haha! I still can't believe that story about your flight. I'm glad that Elena has a new friend! Oh, and congrats on 7 years! We only have 6 years to go to catch up to you. :)
Hi!
Kristin Foulds sent me the link to your Blog. We found her Blog while looking for things on KAUST. My family is too moving to KAUST in July. I just wanted to say hi and get to know some other mom's that will be moving with small kids as well. I have a 3 year old girl and 8 month old boy. I will write more, but I guess I should make sure this gets to you first! I couldn't find a email address for you.
I hope to hear from you.
Cortney Aliesa
Post a Comment