Monday, April 27, 2009

7 Wonderful years.

Today, seven years ago David and I began our life together as husband and wife.
I can't find the right words to explain the way I feel about my David. He is my support for my trials, the man that can make me laugh even when I don't think I could, he is the encouraging partner that I need and the most beautiful blessing of my life. He an amazing man, loving caring and with a lot of strength ( I require a lot of work), he is so smart and works very hard for us. He is just perfect for me :-) I love you my "Cambur Pinton"Our very first anniversary.
We went to Canyon Land and the morning of the 27th he woke me up very early to that rock and we watched the sunrise together. I could not believe I could love as much as I did.
Year number 3, we were for our first time at the Tulip festival and I was barely pregnant with Elena.Year number 5, He took me to a bed and breakfast in Camano Island, it was the most romantic time :-)
Year number 7!
We have no picture of the day, it was the worst day so far. But seven years are just amazing, the growth of companionship and love have been amazing. I love you my David, I can't wait to see how the next years will make fall more and more in love with you.


p.s. Explanation of "worse day"
We were flying back from Washington DC Monday morning. We had three separate seats, as in 25, 26 and 27 E, all middle, we were sure that we would be fine, you know the airline would help and/or the people in the plane could have helped.
Well, no one helped, no one. We sat down, starting with me and then, Elena and at last Dave with Victoria. I can't lie, I cried for a good fifteen minutes. I could not understand that one helped and that my 3 year old had to sit by herself. She did the best she could, I knew the excitement from her and her "friends " was going to wear off during a 5 hour flight.
As I was controlling my crying my eyes, my nose and my throat were acting funny, to make the story short, the lady next to me had a cat! I am allergic to cats!!! I traded with David and I was feeling better. We had to pass Victoria back and forth during the flight and Elena's DVD player ran out of power. Somehow we made it, even though some of the people that had to sit next to us were very frustrated by our moving around and crying kids.
It was a sad fly and United Airlines earned my disgust, I do no want to do business with them even again.


11 comments:

Becky said...

Don't you think everyone needs a "worse day" anniversary memory? Ours was #5. Dare I even admit we didn't remember it until the day after? (It was the middle of a week-long family vacation with a crying baby. Calendars don't always cooperate!) Happy Anniversary!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Congratulations on 7 years!


My jaw dropped as I read about your trip home! I CAN NOT believe that Elena had to site by herself and the NO ONE would trade with so that she could be with one of you. And that the airline didn't do something about it! I am even MORE DISGUSTED with United now!! Is that even allowed for them to leave a 3 year old away from their parents like that?

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you joined our family 7 years ago!

I am SO SORRY about your flight home! That is the worst ever! I cannot believe that no one would help you. RIDICULOUS!!!

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe no one would change seats with you! Elena is such a great girl to sit by herself the entire time. Hope you are doing well. We miss you!

Cailean said...

What a sweet tribute to your wonderful marriage! Is that tulip festival one just after you moved into the ward? Wow seems just like yesterday! I'm also so sorry to hear about your flight home - that had to be such a series of frustrations!!! You'd think a nice family like you asking for people to switch seats would evoke some sort of sympathy and kindness! Elena by herself!!! Oh my goodness, well what a story you will have I guess! It can only get better next year, right?

Momma Twitch said...

Happy anniversary!!! That's why I fly Southwest when I have kids...it just sucks that they don't fly everywhere in the US.

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I know my comment is a little late, but I got to say it in person, so that was fun! Sorry to hear about your stinky trip. If those people got frustrated with your sweet family, they deserved it! I'd probably be poking the boys to get them to be naughty while sitting with unhelpful people! But that's just me and I may not be the best example... We all miss you tons!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys. Our worst anniversary was our 9th...stuck in a car traveling home and our hearts broken because Ry lost a job the day before. Not fun at all.

Linda said...

HHHAAAPPPPYYYY ANNIVERSARY! You already know how I feel about what happened on your flight home, but for the record, can I just say that I love you both and am sooooo grateful that you've been a part of our Ketcheson Klan for 7 whole years! love you more than I can say!

Nathan and Raya said...

Hey, we just celebrated our 7th anniversary on April 27th...is that the same day as yours? I'll have to email you about this...

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy annivesary guys!!!!Congratulations on 7 years.
I love you...
chochita.