I was woken up today by Victoria some time before 8am. I realized that Elena was in bed with us and still pretty stuffy so I knew we didn't need to get up and get ready for school. David kind of gets up and says "did you hear the rain?" No, I hadn't so I had to go and see if there were any signs of it all.
This is what I found...
And a lot of water in our backyard.
I was so surprised, we checked the house and we didn't find any 'indoor rain" there were messages in our emails telling us that school was canceled. We were one of the lucky ones without any water inside our home.
We decided to go outside and just look around, then David remembered he left his laptop at school, so we had an excuse to explore even more.
I was so surprised, we checked the house and we didn't find any 'indoor rain" there were messages in our emails telling us that school was canceled. We were one of the lucky ones without any water inside our home.
We decided to go outside and just look around, then David remembered he left his laptop at school, so we had an excuse to explore even more.
This is the closest intersection going north from our place. Look at that car and how high the water is there.We were so blessed to be on the highest point of the Island.
This one is right across the soccer field in front of our place. Click on the picture and notice how high the water is on those bikes.
A broken down car on the road.
Checking the roofs at the KAUST INN where most of the students reside right now. There were all evacuated. Some ceilings fell down and the "indoor rains" were as strong as the outside ones.
We made it to school in one of the buses. Through those glass doors is the Cafeteria. Some people are still eating all their meals there so they are drying it as fast as they can.
David's office was without damage, some people are worried about Shaheen but I think she's alright.Those two were having a blast though.
This is a Villa, just some of the very important people live there. Like the minister of Oil. Even those got some damage, click on the picture and see the men trying to get water out of the entry way.
Please click on this one and notice the police car coming towards the camera. The water was so high in some areas.After we went around offering our help, some friends wanted us to go to Jeddah with them. It was CRAZY getting out of there. At some point I was sure we were going to get stuck of just very wet inside our car.
We made it there safely though.
Can you see the problem with this picture? All I can say is... it doesn't really surprise me anymore.Here are some videos of this morning. You can see in the first one our journey from the house to campus.
The second and third one are of our way back. I took them from the bus, it was scary and sad to know how many were affected. I've been told the students and some families were moved to a hotel in Jeddah. We left at around 2:00p.m. and returned just after 9:00p.m. Most of the streets are dry now. The worse part was around the schools and we drove by them on our way home, I just hope and pray that there wasn't very much damage in the clasrooms.
They are predicting rain for the next two days....
...let's hope for a little less water.









5 comments:
THAT was all from ONE night of RAIN????????
Wow! I'm glad you guys escaped any damage!
Wow!! And you didn't even hear a thing? You guys have some good insulation. I'm glad you were safe while you traveled around the next day!
Wow... You definitely win Blog of the Day award. That is out of control.
Freaky! I hope you guys are still staying dry!
Post a Comment