Thursday, November 19, 2009

The new guy that makes us 5!

Can you see him?
No?!!
Man, you don't take new news that well!
How about here?
Here?
It is our brand new baby! Our Honda Pilot.
You have no idea what a experience/adventure, getting our new car was.
To start, we never dreamed of getting an SUV,
We never dreamed to buy a brand new car,
We never dreamed of getting a 2010 car, or 2009 I really can't remember,
We never dreamed of paying for it with cash ( and I mean, picture yourself carrying an envelope with a bunch of $1000.00 bills)
We never dreamed of filling up his tank for less than $8.00 TOTAL!

It was very hard, it is scary to spend a lot of money for us but there are no trusted used car dealers here, and we don't know the language. Also, the way they drive here is SO insane that we felt safer with a bigger car (ok maybe it was just me) I really wanted a Hummer or a real tank but those don't come with "latch system!"

That was the other story, most cars here don't have the LATCH system, and our girl's car seats kept tilting every time we went on a round about. There were more little things that happened during the " let's never own a car" (aka buying a car) period, people changed prizes on us, or they would only have the super duper high end model or the bank wouldn't open our new account. Those were really stressful times but now that we have our new baby
we are really happy with him!
I guess "pregnancy" will always be hard on me!

10 comments:

Momma Twitch said...

Paying with cash....YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! I hope to do that one day. :) He's BEAUTIFUL, by the way.

Belkycita said...

There isn't really other option here!
David now says there is, who knows now!!

Markell said...

Wonderful! My sister in law has a pilot that I borrowed this summer when we were in Georgia. I'm glad your "pregnancy" is over. :) I really don't like the car buying process

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!

We're considering getting one of those. Let us know how much you love it!

Cailean said...

Wow new house and new car! You guys have hit the big time. Congrats!

Meg said...

Oh... he's BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! :)

Ricki said...

Nice ride! We love our Honda-babies. :)

Your headers are awesome! I love that you keep changing them too, so we can see the sites.

WendyJ said...

I thought women were not allowed to drive there. He's handsome, enjoy!!

Gunta said...

How can you tell it's a boy?

Anonymous said...

So, what's his name?