Well in case you can't tell what it is, let me tell you.
THAT is the brand new cookbook from Pioneer Woman, "Ree Drummond" which she signed for ME! it says "To: Belky, Missed meeting you :-) Take care, Ree/PW
How? you may ask yoursels, is it that you got a booked signed by her? she didn't go to Saudi Arabia for her book tour! ... I'll tell you...
David's cousin's wife, Cathy, did something super sweet for me. She knows I like PW's site and her cooking and she knew I wouldn't be able to go and meet her or get her book, because I am all the way over here, so what did she do? Did she just say.."oh poor Belky, it's ok though I'll just make stuff from the book and post them on my blog so she can see them" NOO!, she went and bought me a copy AND she got it signed by Ree herself! isn't that just SO cool?!
Look at her blog, this is how I found out. Book for Belky
Thanks Cathy!
Not only did I want to brag about my new book and tell you how sweet she is to have thought of me, but I have realized that I know a lot of people that are amazing at giving. I have been able to meet so many girls that when they find things they have others in mind and the amazing thing is... they always have more than enough.
I know I have been blessed by their charity and I have been trying to be more and more like them. It is my another life goal of mine, to be more giving,to always think of someone else first. I certainly feel so loved when they do things like that for me and when I get to do it I feel so good. I know that serving and helping other brings joy to our life, that kind of happiness that isn't material but spiritual. Cathy thanks for being such an example, I am working extra hard in being a giver and...
YOU ROCK!
3 comments:
I'm on hold for PW's cookbook from the library, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait. I just love her stuff. And...I agree with your awe of people knowing just the right gift to give. I always try but never seem to hit it on the nose.
I just read a hilarious blog post about how a bookstore completely understimated the crowd that would show up and not everyone got in to get their books signed. What a thoughtful cousin you have! I bet Miss Ree herself would love to know how much you appreciated it by seeing this blog post.
I'm glad I could make your day! :)
Post a Comment