Friday, August 21, 2009

We are more than beauty

Yesterday we tried to go to an open shopping area called The SOUK. For some strange reasons the taxi drivers could not understand the name of the place we wanted to go to. We did try 3 different names, but the outcome was the same. Devastated as we were, we opted to go to a Mall close to those places we wanted to go to. We asked them to take us to the OASIS Mall. They agreed to our price (it took a lot of convincing) and took us there.

We drove and drove until we finally reached the AZIZ Mall!!!!! No wonder they wanted to charge us more, this Aziz mall is further than the one we wanted to go to. Oh well, now David's pride is on the floor and is practicing more Arabic than ever!

We went with another family that had arrived two days before to Jeddah, they are from Uruguay. We looked around and then went to the food court to get dinner for the girls. There we found this Mini amusement park. The girls were ready to jump in so we looked into how much it cost. Well, we found out you have to buy a pass. I was so sad for the girls. Most of the rides were for bigger kids. I approached a woman that was at the bumper cars and asked for help. She ended up buying a ride for the girls, I tried to paid but she wouldn't let me. At the end she said "Im a mother too, I understand"
I can't tell you how blessed I felt, in a whole new world I was reminded that, no matter where you are born a woman is special and is of Divine Nature. I am so grateful for the reminder, now I know that I will be save by many of these angels over and over again.

Talking about angels, here are a few more that I have met. The cute red hair one is from SLC and her husband is working for KAUST as well. The rest, well, I am sure you can figure out who they are. Know that during Sacrament meeting, they make sure the girls are very entertained so I can focus on the talks. That cute baby on the back... well, he might cry for a second before the rest of them fight over to who gets to calm him down. I already love them all and can see some of the 7th ward RS members in them.

I know that I am not alone, even in such a far away land.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I am so glad for you!

Larissa said...

So true! I'm glad things are going well there. We miss you here, and I know you'll be loved by your ward there, too!

Linda said...

How wonderful - They look like such a loving group of women. Aren't we blessed to have the gospel everywhere! love you!