WOW!! Really? Do they know what that means? After that wave of questions and shock, we replied their email. We made our appointment to do the walk through and get our keys on Thursday August 20th at 9am.
We get picked up just before 8am by two very nice Saudi girls that speak really good English. We go to campus and see our home. It is so big and very nice, here are some pictures of campus and our home.
There are many things that need to be fixed but we are willing to move in as soon as the internet and phone are working. We tell them that our moving date is on Sunday and they (of course) assure us that everything will be ready by then.
Today David takes a break from work and goes to the house, nothing has been done!! Oh well, it was innocent to believe what they had said. I know we can move now, but it is also dirty and we wanted clean before we move in.
In other news today we started Ramadan, please read the link to understand more about it. The changes that Ramadan brings aren't many but they are very much affecting everyone. Stores don't open until 5 p.m. and stay open until 2 a.m. We have been asked to not eat or in public during their times of fasting, our Sunday/Friday 3 hour block meetings have changed from 10-1 p.m. to 5-8 p.m. for which I don't think the girls will attend for a whole month! The hotel has a different place for all non-muslims to eat with different hours than we are used to, we are encourage to order room service. I don't know if it is super inconvenient for us since we go shop after David comes home and we order room service pretty often. I think I'll try and fast more than once during this month. Gotta immerse yourself in the culture or you won't enjoy it as much.
I am sorry for the lack of pictures, I keep forgetting :-(
That is all for our most recent updates. Our adventures are not over...
9 comments:
Holy cow! Those houses are so awesome! Congrats guys!
Ramadan, wow. Well you guys are getting to experience the true muslim state. Not bad.
Grant showed me those pictures, and my jaw DROPPED. Holy nice house?! Do these people realize you're bringing two small children with you to live in it??
I studied the Koran in the class I took independent study last year--it's really interesting to see you guys living in the culture. It's strange to us in America because it's so different, but I think it's really neat that there's a place where almost everyone believes what they believe. Though...I'm not sure I'd want to live there...you're so brave!!
Wow, that's a mansion! So cool. I love you guys.
Yea, yea, yea on the house!
Great attitude - thanks for sharing your thoughts and your experience. What an amazing adventure you are having. I'm so glad you are taking advantage of it. love you!
I can't get over how different your life is! Fun to see pictures of your future house. It looks so HOT there. How do you survive!!!
Hola !
Chicos puedo tener noticias de ustedes!
yoly
Little bit of a change from our old apartments, isn't it?! Oh my goodness! How I wish I were there to shop for your new home with you!
Wow what a beautiful house! It must be fascinating to live in a culture that is so completely foreign. You guys are going to have some great experiences there. I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment