Thursday, September 11, 2008

The dollar / El dollar


If you haven't heard this song before, well now you are! (Sorry Robert!)

I had my own little "Dollar" experience yesterday.
-Elena: Mami, why does daddy go to school?
-Mami: Because he loves to learn and because he needs to earn money and provide for our family.
-Elena: Provide?
-Mami: Well, he needs to be able to earn money to pay for our food, toys, car and also he takes care of us and makes sure we are happy.
-Elena: Oh ok.
She ran away..... a few minutes later with a quarter, dime and a nickle in her hand.
-Elena: Look mami look!!! Here is some money so now daddy can come home!

Oooh, I'm so proud!

On another note........ drum roll please......
We have our tickets to go visit my family for a WHOLE month at the end of November!!!
I have been dancing all day long, I am SO happy.

I know my blog is public so if you are out there and think now you can come and get us I will tell you what I would tell an opponent when we play Settlers of Catan.
"All I got is wheat! are you sure you want to steal from me?"

Bueno si no han escuchado esta cancion antes, ahora lo estan.
Ayer yo pase por mi propia "dollar" experiencia.

-Elenita: Mami ¿Por que papi va a la escuela?
-Mami: Porque a papi le gusta aprender y porque el tiene que proveer nuestra familia.
-Elenita: ¿Proveer?
-Mami: Quiere decir que el es el resposable de que seamos felices y que tengamos dinero para la comida y la escuela y jugetes.
-Elenita: Aaaa, ok
Se me fue corriendo y regreso despues de un rato con tres monedas en su manito

-Elenita: Mami mira mira!! Aqui tengo dinero, asi papi puede venirse a la casa!

Mi lindura, me hizo llorar!

En otra nota!!!!!!
Ya tenemos voletos de viaje!!
Nos vamos por 30 dias a finales de Noviembre a visitar a mi familia!!
Que venga la RUMBA!!!

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is so cute that Elena did that, and I love the "all I got is wheat"! It's SO true!

Larissa said...

If only it were that easy to give Dad's a day off.
Olivia once said a prayer that there wouldn't be any sick people so dad wouldn't have to go work at the hospital.
Cute picture of her.

Cailean said...

That is so sweet. If only it were that easy! I love her hair. You need to teach everyone how to do their girls' hair...or at least teach me! And the "wheat" thing is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Ha!