Now for this post, please.....
Know that I will be bragging :-) and it will be about love!
On February 22nd my dear David and I left these pair of cuties behind with my wonderful Mom.
He was taking me to Dubai. That much I knew. I slowly got out of him that we will be staying in two different places during our 4 day trip.
We boarded our plane and took a 2 hour flight. As we arrived we took a taxi to a very very nice hotel. The place was amazing and we were hungry so we decided to try one of the restaurants in it. The all had buffet night and we weren't very hungry so we kept looking. Finally the Lebanese restaurant had a regular menu outside so we entered that one.
It was NOT what we thought and to make a long story short we had a five course menu served to us. Enough food to feed a party or 6 and ended the night watching some live performances.
At the next day we went shopping to the WAFI mall in Dubai. David said we needed to get the presents for the girls and my mom now, since we might not have time to go shopping again.
I was SO curious of what we were going to do but he would NOT tell me!!!!
Finally, after some fun time shopping together and meeting a very talented man, we headed back to the hotel to pack and wait for our "mode of transportation"
A very nice ride came for us and slowly took us out of the city. The driver was instructed to NOT tell me where we were going, so he filled us with information about Dubai and Dubai Land.
After 45 minutes I see nothing but sand and camels. Finally we turn off from the highway to a SAND ROAD!! and drove for about twenty more minutes.
We entered a Resort/wildlife preservation. I was speechless for about 15 minutes. Not only was the place breathtaking, it also looked like no one but us was there.
This is the shower in our bathroom. I LOVE it! if you have never showered with a shower head like this one, you are truly missing out.
Oh! my favorite place :-) this pool was our very own and it was just outside our room. It faced nothing but the desert and it was surrounded by bushes so you couldn't see anyone around.
One of the little excursions you could take was a Camel ride. WHY did I get on a camel again?!! who knows, I might really like that guy in front of me.
Here I'm trying to get that boy back to look at me. I'm trying to impress him with my amazing sand drawing skills. Meet Simba ;-)
Oh!! this was one of the MOST romantic nights ever!!!.That my dear friends is a picnic for two in the desert at night time. Aren't they so thoughtful?!
Fire lights, no one around us (about a 10 minute drive from the resort) and yummy food. Just under the stars my David and I. When we were done we called them to pick us up :-)
The next day we went Sand Dunning! Doesn't this picture look like an add for Toyota?!He is Good ;-)
It was so much fun! not as scary as I thought but our guide told us that they weren't suppose to scare you too much.
I said to him "B-o-r-i-n-g!" and then he sped up and I yelled " I HAVE CHILDREN!!! I CAN'T DIE!!!"
Then we went to watch the Falcons hunt.It was impressive and very entertaining but for the wrong reasons. There was a girl who was terrified and made us all have a good laugh.
Please, if your are prompt to vomit do NOT enlarge the photo and look at the birds beak.You've been warned!













2 comments:
My jaw is on the floor! What an amazing trip!!
WOW! Sounds like something out of a movie.
Post a Comment