One day as Elena is trying really hard to get my attention and I as a mundane woman stared at my computer screen, we had this conversation...
E: Mom, can I watch a show?
B: No, dear how about we find something else to do?
E: Mom, when I grow up and become an adult and have my daughter and she asks me if she can watch a show I will tell her 'Of course sweety! watch three!"
B: Really?
E: Mom can I PLEASE go to the neighbor's house?
B: No, dear we need to wait for them to invite us over. We can't just go and knock on their door! (unless they are Robert and Camille or Kori and Gene)
E:Mom, when I have my daughter and she asks me if she can go and visit the neighbor I will tell her "Yes, my sweety and you can stay for a very very long long time!"
I will save this and I will show it to her when that time comes. I will be laying down on my Lazy boy, eating chocolates and trying really hard no to make her feel too bad as she relates her stories to me on the phone.
Victoria is finally talking more clearly and she is getting sweater by the minute. Today while I was putting her down for a nap she turned to face me and started caressing my face and then with the same hand she could touch her face.
After a little while I asked her, "what are you doing?" and she said "Mommy, I want your smile, So pretty!"
And my heart is bigger than it could ever be. I am in love with the two amazing little girls that I get to play with everyday.
I love their sweetness and bravery and most of it I love that when I see a spider in the house, I scream like a baby and the girls come as fast as they can to my rescue. Elena gets a tiny piece of toilet paper, grabs the spider (without smashing first. She keeps forgetting this step) and put him in the toilet, then the little one flushes!
It's a beautiful life the one I have :-)
8 comments:
I can't wait for Kendra to start talking so that we can have conversations like this! So sweet!
Okay. You need to be my neighbor so you can tell me sweet stories like this all the time.
That is so cute! I love the image of you eating chocolates listening to adult-Elena. I'm sure that's what my mom is doing sometimes. :)
How cute! Wow can I borrow your girls when I get a spider. My little dude just looks at me like whats wrong with you. I wish you were my neighbor then you and your adorable girls could come over any time.
Awwwww, such sweet memories. Asher and Hazen do the same thing for me when I see spiders....loved that story. Hope your doing well Belky. You sound wonderful.
-Jen Pollard
You are three very cute girls! I miss you!
we love them and you too. miss you.
Oh.. Belky... Whenever I need a good wholesome laugh at heavenly things I just read your blog.
Post a Comment