Today I woke up at my regular time, everyone else was asleep so I decided to be a good mom and make some oatmeal for my hungry girls. I also cleaned the downstairs while I waited for everyone to wake up.
Not a bad start at all! Elena finally woke up at 8:10 a.m. and I helped her get ready, David needed to be at school by 9 so we waited for him and headed out.
You might be wondering, so what?!!!
Well, they "who must not be named" (maintenance) were supposed to arrive at 9am, I left a note at the door for them to wait for my return. I get back and no one was here.
I waited until 10 and then I made a phone call. Some people came at 10:30 and told me they were coming to fix the windows. WHAT?!!!! I said "No, you are supposed to finish the bathroom and the room under the stairs" and they said no, they didn't know what I was talking about.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
What do they mean? we talked about it all last week and they even stood me up once for it!
I called their manager and when he finally arrived to my home, 11:00a.m. I lost it, I completely LOST IT! I screamed so loud you probably heard me. I was so furious, I could not understand how after so many people stopping by and telling me that THEY wanted to work in my home and make ME happy, how is it that they do not know the work they are supposed to be doing and how is it that I am supposed to be in my house all day and miss on fun outing with friends because I HAVE to be waiting for them? How is it that after a meeting with 3 of them we decided on a date and time and today they tell me,"what? your house? today?"
The worse part of the whole thing is that, yesterday I decided to finally start and watch conference, the first talk was about following the guidance of the Holy ghost, in my notes I wrote about how I was going to make an effort to act according to its guidance.
Well I think that my screaming scared him off and I wonder if he ever wants to come back . I want to be more in tune with the Spirit, I am too far away from home, I can't go to church and activities like I used to, I have to work harder and now, I feel like my friend left me.
I know he will be back once I get a grip of myself, I am just that it happened the way it did.
5 comments:
Can I come and yell at them too?
How frustrating! I hope they get that mess worked out soon and your house gets all fixed up.
I'm so excited to see you guys at Christmas. Love you!
Maybe the screaming will actually help fix the problem? Maybe that was the Spirit you were listening to! Who knows...but good luck! I hope that things are fixed quickly so you can all start to enjoy your home rather than have to worry about all that stuff.
Is this fiction!??! I just can't even imagine you raising your voice at all! We all can learn to listen to the Spirit better - it's a lifelong pursuit. Don't be hard on yourself!
Belky, Sweet Belky! You are human and we humans do lose it every once in a while. You are a great mother, an amazing friend and a awsome woman. Hang in there :)
Oh my goodness, that is so ridiculous! I'm with Amy- I would scream at them too if I could!
Don't worry about the Holy Ghost- I'm sure he's not too far away. And he likes you so much, it won't be hard to get him back. :)
Post a Comment