With Victoria in one arm (I would have put her down but she was fuzzy) and the big stuff on the other arm I walk out of the door and put the stuff right by it and as they land on the floor I hear a quiet but deadly "click".
The door was closed!!, I knew it but could not turn around, all I could think was "at least they are both with me" Cell phone on the kitchen counter, keys on the key holder, husband out of town, neighbors gone for the day, strangers going by faster than normal (might be due to starring). Finally a nice old lady from across the street let me used her cell phone and I called the police, they sent the fireman and they were able to open my window, go in my bathroom (why didn't I put my garments on the laundry basket?!!!) and open my door. I am so grateful for them and the nice lady, after a very stressful hour I was able to be in my apt again.
Let's just say that was the begging of an eventful day!
The end...
This is my last post on our trip to New York. Sorry it's taking me so long.
The second weekend we took a trip to Providence, RI. David had to meet with Sigal, a professor that he's been working with for a while but had not met yet. Mom and Dad were kind enough to go with us so that I would not be alone with the girls all day long.
We took a trip around the city, some might say we got lost but they don't know we like to see all the little street of places we've never been to.
We also mixed up a cemetery with a park, good thing we found the park an had lunch there.
We also found this cute little park that had a little trail that would take you to a beach. It was so pretty. Then we went to a very nice old Carousel. It was such a nice place and the horses went super fast, even mom got a tummy ache:-(
Grandpa, Grandma and the girls before our ride.
The Carousel is inside this building.
Our family, we went for a walk to a beach the next day.
Mom and Dad, aren't they cute?The super neat story behind all this is our dinner with Sigal. She and her family invited us over for dinner Friday evening. They are Jewish Orthodox, and they were going to start their Sabbath at sunset. A nice couple with a baby 4 day younger than Victoria came and another super nice man. We started by singing some songs, I guess they did because they all sang in Hebrew. They blessed their wine and grape juice and then their bread. Washed their hands and started their meal. I wish I could remember every little detail but I was so worry that Elena would break something (dinner started at 8pm and that is her bed time) that I could hardly pay attention.
Once thing that I remember very well is the singing, they sang with their hearts, it was so beautiful, you could tell they loved what they were doing. It was such a nice experience, to be able to feel their love for their faith, their gospel. They bore their testimonies to me without even realizing it. I really want to be like them, I want to be able to bear testimony of Jesus our Savior without trying just by living it and loving it.
It was wonderful. I miss you mom so much, thanks again for the fun times and for giving me some of your precious time. I am dying to do it again.



3 comments:
Hey! I am glad you found our blog. Yours looks like fun! We would be honored if you add us to your list. We will add you as well.
The Timmes
Right after we bought our house, we took a family walk. Upon returning home we realized we were locked out of the house. We spent an hour breaking in through the back patio door. We had to slide it off the tracks and reach inside with a bar of rebarb. I had bruises for weeks! We are super careful now!
I went to a Seder once. The ritual, singing, and story was beautiful. I think it is really nice to be able to take part in somebody else's religious beliefs and to learn and appreciate the beauty and love of it.
Oh my WORD. That's both crazy and hilarious. I'm glad you found a way to get back in. I hope no damage was done for them to "break" in!!! What a story to tell Dave. Since my Mom's whole side is Jewish, we've been to many get-togethers where they essentially sing their prayers and services and it is really amazing and beautiful. I remember thinking "Wow you gotta be able to sing to be Jewish, I guess!"
Post a Comment