Wednesday, April 2, 2008

...just keep swimming, swimming swimming...

Well, little did I know that this "trial" ( gallstones) was going to be so trialing.(word?)
I am not having surgery tomorrow and thankfully I am not in pain today and have been able to eat.Oh I should also mention that my Mom is here, yay! so even if I get pain this week, it will be ok because she will take care of me and the girls. oh and Dave too, :-)
Enough of sappy stories...
Saturday we had a triple baby shower in our ward, one for Sally, Sarah and Gwen, and you know that a baby shower needs a ........ BABY CAKE!!
Camille and I made this funny looking cake for the shower. She has a chocolate diaper(fondant) feet and ears (fondant), a Binky (real) and a bonnet!
We had a blast making her, I really think she should have a name though but I can't come up with anything, so why don't you give me some ideas.

8 comments:

Cailean said...

That is the cutest cake! I'm sure that was hard to cut up though...a little morbid! Very cute to have the real pacifier in the cake :) So why no surgery? We actually prayed as a family tonight that you'd be okay tomorrow. And I guess you will! So great your Mom is back!

Meg said...

Thelma. Definitely Thelma.

Hillary said...

I think that is the cutest baby cake ever! Oh, and that's what I think you should call her: Baby Cakes! So glad you're feeling better!

Melissa said...

The cutest cake I have ever seen!

cherlyn and family said...

tbat is good news that you are not having the surgery and that your mom is here.

Farrah said...

I'm glad to hear your feeling better. It has to be nice to have your Mom visiting. Also, love the cake. You have such a talent. I wish I could do something like that!

Jen said...

cute cake! so why no surgery? is it no surgery AT ALL or no surgery TODAY?

Ricki said...

I think she looks like a... Daisy. She's adorable!