Sunday, June 21, 2009

Three wonderful fathers.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! to all wonderful dads out there, and to all the ones that are pretty much just like dads, to all of you, thanks for being so loving and fun :-)

Today I want to say a few things about three wonderful man in my life.
My David;
He is one special Dad. When we were expecting Elena he was a little worried about all the work that would come alone the way. Then our little one came, he could not be away from her, wherever they took her he followed. At one point the nurse comes and tell us that she is having a hard time keeping her body temperature. She wants me to have her against my skin and cover both of us with warm blankets, I nodded and after the nurse closed the door David was undressing himself, he took the baby and put her against his chest and drift away.

While I was pregnant with Victoria he told me that he was worried that he couldn't love the new baby as much as Elena, because he just loved Elena SO much. Seconds after Victoria was born he was holding her tight and told me "Belk, she is SO beautiful" and just like that he fell in love all over again.
He is the best Daddy my girls can have. I love you my Dave.


My Dad;
My Dad had too many qualities to mentioned them all, but even now after 13 years of not being together I can feel his teachings.
One of my very own favorite stories is when I turned 7 years old. I was a little bit "spoiled" (AKA Brat) On my birthday he told me we were going to have a HUGE party! so off we went to the stores, got tons of food, drinks, treats, a piƱata and the toys to go inside, our last stop was the bakery, there he got me a pretty white cake with a huge pink rose, I fell in love with it and he bought it for me.
I thought we were coming home or going to my uncles house, instead we drove and drove until the roads were gone, we follow a dirt road and little "ranchitos"(tin roof homes) appeared, some where so small and isolated. I wondered why we were there but was too busy thinking about MY party to ask. At last we see another little ranchito and about 10 people outside of it. My dad goes out and talks to the Dad, next thing I know we are unloading everything. We ended up havingthe party there with people we didn't know, people that lived in a place as big as my bedroom now, people that had not enough food, people that had no friends. I was only seven but he taught me a lot by giving everything we had to some that didn't.


Dad;
You see that wodnerful grandpa there? he is "Dad" David's Dad and my Dad. There is so much I can say abou thim but I'll share my two favorites.

Dad is a convert and was engaged to mom when he, inspired by Heavenly Father, decided that he needed to serve a mission. As hard as the desicion was he made it because he knew it was the right thing to do. That is exactly what Dad is like, he is very black and white,if it's good you must do it, if it's not then Don't!

He is also an amazing Grandpa to my girls. Elena loves him so much and everytime she does something super amazing she asks me to tell Grandpa about it. I am sure Victoria will do the same.

To the dad's in my life, I love you so much :-)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Belky, that is a beautiful post! Heath was the same with both our girls. Your Dad sounds like such a special person--what a great teacher to have! Roger is super cool. I haven't seen him forever, but I know he is a good example!
About not feeling well--Darn! I was hoping!
I too miss my beloved GB and still over a year later have some issues without it. Go to bed!!!

Cheryl said...

Amen about Dad.

I have ALWAYS loved watching Dave be a dad--so sweet!

I wish I could know your dad!

Dawnie said...

I am so glad we know you Belky. By being with you, you have made our lives better.

Nathan and Raya said...

Come check out my latest post!

Linda said...

I loved reading what you wrote - Thanks! love you!