Saturday, February 7, 2009

Life is like a box of chocolates...

And I like to make them myself!
I saw this on Bakerella's blog and I could not resist making it. Good thing Dave had a dessert competition going on so I had the best excuse to make it.
I even won two prizes for it. It was the best looking one I think. Funny story; they gave me a candle holder thing and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and aluminum foil. I ask Elena to help me open it and when she takes the foil away and sees the bubble wrap she says "OHH, mom bubble wrap for the windows!!!" ( If you don't get it don't worry I'll explain in a future post soon)

I have also received an honorable comment on my blog. I am the very FIRST one to get a comment from Dad (Roger). It truly shows I am the favorite child!!
It was a comment on my "At least is over" post.
Blogger Linda said...

We've changed the locks, turned out the lights, and changed our last name. Dad

February 7, 2009 9:40 AM

Truly dumb of me to post it a few days before leaving the girls with them for a whole week!

Oh and for all of you wondering about the amazing book Dave made for me here is his comment.

Blogger David said...

I made the book using blurb.com. I think they do a great job for the price. Most online publishers won't let you do long books (over 50 pages or so) and/or charge a lot more for them. I'd definitely recommend Blurb. If you guys want to see a preview of the book, go to http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/389943/1e730ecc8403c398f16b167eec9e84a8

Annoyingly, they won't let you see the whole book (sorry).

Here's another one I made:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/389945/5c92922ba91b671b79ea8c2163667691

February 5, 2009 9:48 PM

Delete
Delete

11 comments:

Cailean said...

WOW THAT'S SO COOL! I saw it on her blog too and thought, "Hmm....looks good...I could never make it though!" And look you did it perfectly. You definitely deserved all the awards you won. Nathan and I noticed that comment from Dave's Dad and got a good laugh! :) I'm curious if that cake tasted as good as those cake balls?

Farrah said...

Your chocolates look delicious! I wish you lived close so I could try one! Yummmm...

Jennifer said...

The chocolates look awesome. Congrats on the first comment from Dad Roger! I felt very much the same way the first time my Daddy commented on mine! And to everyone reading this, I also very strongly recommend Blurb.com!!

Fromagette said...

So... a straight trade? Chocolates for bread? :)

Nathan and Raya said...

Sweet! They look beautiful and commercially made. Good job. Now, I want to know if you had fun making them or if you finished and said "AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!" I probably would have said that and had ugly chocolates. Keep up the good work and bring them over some time. =)

LizzyP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LizzyP said...

You're awesome! I love your creativity. (P.s. Can I just say that I wish Blogspot would let a girl edit her comment--if I make a mistake I have to trash the comment and then post another.)

Cheryl said...

That looks great! I was tempted to try it, but I already had plans for Valentine's treats, so I'm probably going to need your advice when I do it next year! No way mine will look as good as yours, though!

Can't wait to see you!

keri said...

Just wish I lived close enough to taste them. After all, someone needs to make sure they taste as good as they look.

Kariann said...

I'm so impressed!! You are like a gourmet chef making chocolates like that!! That is awesome, makes my mouth water a little...I think I need go find something sweet!! :)

Amy said...

okayy..I gues it'd been a while since I read your blog. I had totally missed the one about that horrible day running errands. I thought I was having a really bad day today, but I don't feel that way anymore, not after reading about that day. My day is actually GOOD. Anyway, hope you're having fun on all your trips! Those chocolates looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!