Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm not a "square", not yet "perfect"

Dear readers if you were about to call the FBI to find out if we are alive, I have good news...
We are!!!!
Sorry I have been away for so long. Life is crazier than ever. I will stop trying to post all the fun pictures from Venezuela for a little while because I am feeling like I'm too behind.

This post might be one of a kind. I am posting about my birthday. I know, pathetic!!! Well not really. It happened a while ago and I am posting about it because I had a great one and I received the most thoughtful presents.
Let's get going with the bragging.
My very first present. It got here before my birthday (I know I should have put on makeup and change out of my Pj's )
What makes this present so special is that my ML and FL showed me how much they care. They knew I love hats and the knew that I love red. They also remember that someone stole my beautiful red hat a month after buying it in NY. So when they saw it they knew I would love it. And I did, as I put it on I cried, because with everything they were/are going through, they remember ME!! I love them so much!
Here is the second one I got on my Birthday. Dave knows how much I enjoyed watching the actual lecture and how uplifting I found it. Needless to say, I found it encouraging and very touching. Now I am going to really work hard on fulfilling my dreams. China, here I go!!


The last one.
It came a little late and I was very impatiently waiting. As part of tradition Dave makes me a book every year of the pictures from our past year. I love it! Every time I see them I cry. He is so good at it and I love seeing all the pictures over and over again.
Here are a few of the pages.My very favorite part!!!
This year my book had a lot of extras. Like this flap on the back and one on the front that is very sweet and I'm not sharing ;-) It also has a poem Dave wrote for me about the year 2008. Oh and it has just under 200 pages!! last year's book had about 40 :-0

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

I missed your birthday!!! :( Sorry! I'm glad you had a good one. I love the book- I wish I had one.

Melanie said...

Tell dave I want to know where he made the book. I've been trying to find something like that so I can do it for our family. Happy late birthday! We miss you guys.

Kariann said...

Happy late Birthday!! You look awesome for not having make-up on and being in your pj's!! Lucky you!! lol That book looks amazing...how special and what a good idea!! :)

Cailean said...

What a cute and special hat! I didn't know you liked red now! Yay it's my favorite color. It looks great on you. That book was Nathan's family's gift to him - he loved the speech. And that PHOTO BOOK oh my goodness, what a treasure!!! 200 pages! I'd love to look through it when my hands are VERY clean.

Amy said...

Happy Belated birthday Belky! Looks like it was a great one. I really really want to see that book in June, and I also want to know where he did it-I want to make a book like that for Krysta's baby book. I had these great baby books for Emalyn and Tyler, but they stopped printing them before Krysta was born, so I havn't made hers at all yet. Dave is AMAZING (as are you!!)

Lindsey said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the hat beautiful girl. I'd love to look at your book. I loved last years. You guys take the cutest pictures, but then you have such adorable subjects!

David Ketcheson said...

I made the book using blurb.com. I think they do a great job for the price. Most online publishers won't let you do long books (over 50 pages or so) and/or charge a lot more for them. I'd definitely recommend Blurb. If you guys want to see a preview of the book, go to http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/389943/1e730ecc8403c398f16b167eec9e84a8

Annoyingly, they won't let you see the whole book (sorry).

Here's another one I made:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/389945/5c92922ba91b671b79ea8c2163667691