
This is my way to say "I'll see you later Grandpa"
Not long after arriving in the USA I met David's grandparents. It was love at first sight.
I remember that first time because I couldn't speak English but Grandpa remembered the Spanish he learned during his mission (after many many years) He told me I was welcomed and that he was very happy for Dave. He told me how proud he was of Dave and how good he was.
As we got to know each other better he told me some great war stories from the . I also notice that amazing relationship he had with Grandma. It also amazed me how he remembered so well what he did and how he felt on his 20's but Dave can never remember where he puts his wallet :-) I'm guessing it will come with time.
Right before we moved away from UT Grandma and Grandpa gave us a little frame with a heart and inside the heart is says "Our lives are touched by many people. But only a few leave that special feeling in our hearts that last forever"
He was one of the few males that have told me I'm beautiful. The last time I saw him I prayed with him in his room. I don't think he was aware of it at the moment but when he was going to the hospital he put his hand on my face and looked into my eyes and called me by my name and told me he loved me.
I love you Grandpa, thanks for the wonderful example you left us all but mostly thanks for your love.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your tender thoughts. they make me cry. I will share this with Grandma today. aren't we blessed because of them! love you
Belky, this is a beautiful memorial of Grandpa. Thank you so much for sharing. He was a wonderful man and an example to us all.
Thanks. I couldn't agree more.
I'm glad you're back!
That was beautiful Belky.
Post a Comment