Just kidding it won't be that long ;-)
We left at 4:30 a.m. on the 30th of November. Uncle Gary and aunt Liz were waiting for us at their place. Gary drove us and our car to the airport. Thanks uncle Gary.
Situation # 1
We got to the airline counter and started the whole check in. I was so out of it when I bought the tickets that I booked mine with my married name. My passport has my maiden name. They were not very happy about it and were not letting me go. Luckily I had a copy of our marriage license and somehow got by with it.
It was a very LONG ride on the airplanes. The first one was just over 4 hours and the second one almost 6 hours. Elena did pretty good thanks to the "Polar Express" and her DVD player. Victoria was done with the flight the minute we boarded. I am glad she slept for some of it, even though the flight attendance woke her up once.
We arrived to the Caracas airport at midnight and stayed an hour in line for customs. Finally we got to see our family sometime after 1 a.m. I was so happy to see my mom, my brothers Erick and Alex, my niece Ginexis, my aunt Herminia, cousin Jennifer, Anais, Arelis and I think that is everyone!
We talked and talked until 3a.m. Thankfully my mom took both girls the next day and Dave and I slept until noon. Later that day him and I went to walk around the city. I don't know why we didn't take our camera but we have no pictures of that first day.
Listos? bueno busquen algo de comer, porque va pa' rato.
No mentira, tampoco asi.
Bueno, salimos el 30 de Noviembre a las 4:30am. Los tios de David nos estaban esperando y despues de abrazos y besos el tio Gary nos llevo al aeropuerto. Gracias Gary.
Primer problema:
Cuando compre mi pasaje lo compre con mi nombre de casada. Mi pasaporte tiene nombre de soltera y bueno la aerolinia no me queria dejar salir. Lo bueno fue que teni a compia de mi partida de matrimonio y bueno con eso me dejaron pasar.
Llegamos a Caracas a la media noche y despues de una hora de esperar por inmigracion por fin llegamos a ver a mi familia. Mis hermanos estaban ahi, Erick y Alex. mi mami, Ginexis, Anais, Arelis, la tie Herminia y Jennifer.
Al llegar al apartamento de mi tia, hablamos como hasta las 3a.m. Lo bueno fue que mami cuido a las niñas cuando se despertaron y David y yo dormimos hasta el medio dia.
Listos? bueno busquen algo de comer, porque va pa' rato.
No mentira, tampoco asi.
Bueno, salimos el 30 de Noviembre a las 4:30am. Los tios de David nos estaban esperando y despues de abrazos y besos el tio Gary nos llevo al aeropuerto. Gracias Gary.
Primer problema:
Cuando compre mi pasaje lo compre con mi nombre de casada. Mi pasaporte tiene nombre de soltera y bueno la aerolinia no me queria dejar salir. Lo bueno fue que teni a compia de mi partida de matrimonio y bueno con eso me dejaron pasar.
Llegamos a Caracas a la media noche y despues de una hora de esperar por inmigracion por fin llegamos a ver a mi familia. Mis hermanos estaban ahi, Erick y Alex. mi mami, Ginexis, Anais, Arelis, la tie Herminia y Jennifer.
Al llegar al apartamento de mi tia, hablamos como hasta las 3a.m. Lo bueno fue que mami cuido a las niñas cuando se despertaron y David y yo dormimos hasta el medio dia.
(Alex vino a visitar y ayudo a Victoria a caminar)
We visited parts of Caracas where I grew up and Dave served as a missionary.
Visitamos partes de Caracas en donde yo creci y David sirvio como misionero.
(this car was riding along with the other cars in the middle of the city!)
(Este carro andaba como si nada en el medio de la ciudad)Visitamos partes de Caracas en donde yo creci y David sirvio como misionero.
(this car was riding along with the other cars in the middle of the city!)The very next day we went to Charallave to visit my brothers and some friends.
Al dia siguiente nos fuimos a Charallave a ver a mis hermanos y otros amigos.
(me and Erick at his office)
(Erito y you en su oficina)
Al dia siguiente nos fuimos a Charallave a ver a mis hermanos y otros amigos.
(me and Erick at his office)(Erito y you en su oficina)

(Victoria seconds before she broke that frame at Erick's office)
(Victoria justito antes de romper el cuadro en la oficina de Erick)
(Victoria justito antes de romper el cuadro en la oficina de Erick)

(Alex, having a true Kodak moment)
My brothers took us out to dinner at a grilling place. Look at all the Yummy food!!!
Mis hermanos nos llevaron a una parrillera. Sabroso!!!
(When we asked for water they brought us bottle water!)
Ginexis and Victoria.
We helped my aunt Yolanda to put her Christmas tree up when we returned to the City.
Cuando regresamos ayudamos a mi Tia Yolanda con el arbolito de navidad
My brothers took us out to dinner at a grilling place. Look at all the Yummy food!!!Mis hermanos nos llevaron a una parrillera. Sabroso!!!
(When we asked for water they brought us bottle water!)
Ginexis and Victoria.We helped my aunt Yolanda to put her Christmas tree up when we returned to the City.
Cuando regresamos ayudamos a mi Tia Yolanda con el arbolito de navidad



6 comments:
I am so glad you got past the whole last name not matching thing. How awful would that have been. Anyhow, I do hope we can see you guys soon.
It's so fun to see pics of your family! Looks like you had a great time. Keep up the posts of your trip- I want to hear all about it!
Hope to see you soon.
You have the worst luck flying! i'm so happy you're back though...I need to give you a call.
I'm so glad you got to see your family! Cute cute pictures!
p.s. The cinnamon rolls are totally worth it.
More more more!!! I love seeing your kids with their family. How special. And to see you so happy back at home. Please post sometime about your new header photo with the car - that has to be a funny story.
Post a Comment