Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ketcheson family Reunion

****WARNING****
This post is really LONG! But super FUN!!

Last Wednesday we took ourselves to a fun trip down to Idaho. We drove the first day all the way to Boise and saw Grandpa Ketcheson. He is doing so well and was so happy to see us and specially the girls. He kept wanting them on his lap. He showed Elena how his electric Lazy boy works and then invited her on it and I wished I would have taken a picture of her face, it was a "No way José!" She did let him take her on his wheel chair all the way out to the entrance of the center. Needless to say he is now known as the "Great grandpa of the two cute little girls"

Then we went to play and spent the night at Kori's house. How is it that we have no pictures of this?? Well, we were having an awesome time and forgot about the camera! Kori made us yummy dinner and then took us to her brothers house to swim. The girls had a blast and we saw a side of Eleni that he had never seen before ;-) After the kids went to bed we stayed up and played Pinochle with Kori's mom, Dave and I crashed them! He he he :-)

Thursday morning we left early to Idaho Falls where we were having a family reunion. For our first day we went to do service at our aunt's house. Everyone was sweating outside doing yard work while I was inside playing with these cuties.
After all the hard work we had a BBQ for which Weston was the chef and Meg the assistant.
Dad and Krysta. Isn't it sweet?
It was Cheryl's birthday but she could not come but we celebrated by making her a cake (I decorated it with very little supplies and under 30 minutes) and having ice cream. We called her and sang happy birthday!
Yummy cake!

Next day we packed everyone and went to Craters of the Moon.
Isn't this so funny?
I love this picture, I think is hilarious.
She was SO tired!
Hey! you try and blow kisses when you are pushing a double stroller up to a very steep hill on a very hot day!
Everyone but David, he was taking the picture.
Isn't it cool?
Windy!!!
What am I doing?!
A hike inside a cave that only David, Meg, Weston, Mom and Dad took. The rest of us had the kids.
It was super fun, hot and long. All I remember is coming home and sleeping.

Next day was our Family history day. Amy and Scott got a lot of information together about our Ketcheson ancestors an we took about 20 thousand names that needed to be checked with the family search website. It was an amazing experience, we went as a family to help other family members, I can't explain how uplifting it was.

Meanwhile Scott had made some amazing wood ducks for the kids. They were supposed to paint them put them together. Dave stayed in the morning with Scott and 5 kids.
Elena painting her duck.
Tyler, concentration is his middle name.
Princess purple!

After they painted their ducks they left them drying in the garage and went to the park to feed the real ducks, or Canadian Geese.
Here they are with uncle Scott.
Isn't that precious?
How about this one?
Krysta and her daddy. She is one beautiful baby.
We all came back for lunch and then went back to the History center, this time Dave went with us and Dad stayed with Scott. They put the ducks together and walked to the playground with them. Elena can't stop talking about it!

Dave and I were in charge of games and we stole Cailean's ideas but added a twist to them.
Game # 1 Cheeto's contest.
Here is Megan putting shaving cream on Weston's head.
The other team. Mom putting a LOT of shaving cream on Amy's head.
Weston, all ready to go.
Amy, trying to get ready to go. I believe mom got carried away with the shaving cream.
Here is the Cheeto's part. The kids could throw them from up close, but they had a smaller bowl.
After they used all the Cheeto's, they were supposed to run around the swing set 5 times.
Here goes Weston.

And here goes Amy.
Weston made it back first but Amy had the most Cheeto's and I believe it was a difference of 40 Cheeto's, at least.What? Did you really think they were going to let us throw them away?

Game #2
Orange Golf!
The objective. Make the orange on the floor go from the start line to the finish line, by being pushed with the other orange that it's inside a nylon!
Megan with the best move of the night.Dad, with the weirdest move of the night.
and Scott, the very first one to go and the winner of the night. Dad was the second participant but I think that Dave was laughing so hard he could not get a picture of him.

On Sunday morning we drove back to Boise and went to the storage unit of Grandma and Grandpa Ketcheson. It was a fun, crazy tiring event, at least we got to spend more time with Amy and got to see Ryan, Kylie and Jared. After we were done we went to see Mel, Natalie, Joshua and Mathew at Monica's place, it was for a very short time but it was nice to see them all.

After that we drove all the way to Kori's place again and relaxed and put the kids to bed and then played some more Pinochle with Amy. We won again!! I really don't know how because Dave and I are very different players and were getting kind of grumpy. Kori made us a yummy chocolate cake that night. ummmmm sooo good.

We were so tired when we got back but we had an awesome time. Thanks Amy and Scott for all the hard work you did to make it happen, it was almost perfect, we needed Ryan and his family and Cheryl and her family there too.

I can't believe you are still reading! :-)

12 comments:

Momma Twitch said...

Those are some cool games!!!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!

Hillary said...

What a fun family vacation! The shaving cream pictures are priceless!

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip!

Amy said...

hey, you beat me! It is so fun to look at these pictures taken just a week ago. We had a blast with you. Thanks for the memories!

Becky said...

Those are some wonderful memories you have now! And the rest of us as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cailean said...

Your blog posts are SO fun to read and this was an extra dose. I LOVE seeing how those games turned out - so funny! I still need to send you the photos of you as the target :)

Caimaneitor said...

Epale mi dita!!!
Elenita y Victoria estas bellisimas mis princesitas!!!
espero pronto conocerlas en persona, es bueno verlas de vez en cuando por foto al menos, muchos besos para Uds 3 y muchos saludos para todos!!!

Nathan and Raya said...

Now that looks like a fun family reunion! I might have to steal some of those ideas and do them for our reunions. We always play the same old games. Never anything new.
Great job on getting so many good pictures. I loved checking our your post.

Cheryl said...

Wish I'd been there! Thanks for decorating my cake though. And for posting about it. I've been checking everyone's blogs all week, waiting to find out how it went. So, thanks!

Cailean said...

Oh and I totally forgot to tell you - I told my brother to do the orange/nylons game because I knew he'd love it...they did it on a recent family trip and came up with a GREAT name for it - CROTCH CROQUET!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahhaaaha.

Anonymous said...

hola...primita definitivamente tienes mucha creatividad..las nenas estan bellisimas cada vez que me pongo a ver tus fotos duro horas..espero verlos pronto en vivo....karen...

Linda said...

Well, I finally got to look at your post on the reunion, after hearing what a great job you did from everyone we visited!!!! And I agree - thanks for helping me relive all the fun. We miss you more than ever!