Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bucket list

Oh, sure, anyone can invert a bucket, but your sand castles have a special flair. Picture yourself modestly claiming your prize: You are King of the Sand Castles! Your children look at you with awe; your spouse, with a new respect. Hot! Sign up for your shot at glory (and prizes) in the annual sand sculpture contest at 10 a.m.; judging is at noon and the Golden Bucket Awards are at 12:30 p.m. Held at Marina Beach, located at the end of Admiral Way South in Edmonds. Free. All ages. 425-771-0268. Thursday, July 31, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m


This is what we read on our weekly Parentmap email last week. We were like Yeah baby, let's bring the trophy home. We'll, I had a double baby shower to got o on Saturday and I was making a cake for it. Dave decided he was going to take Nani anyway and have some fun one on one time with her. At the last minute the baby shower is canceled and I'm all excited that I get to go.

Friday at midnight my friends and I drove to Walmart to buy Breaking Dawn and because we ARE moms we also took the opportunity to run some errands. I was in charge of buying buckets and shovels and anything else that might help us win (we were given the idea of sending one of our kids loose to destroy our opponents castles) I was only able to get two things. So, Saturday comes. I'm so sleepy and now wishing I could stay and read my book. Somehow I manage to pack our things and off we go.

We get there and we didn't see anyone. We looked and looked, well, really we sent Dave to look and look. Nothing, as sad as we were it didn't stop us from building our Kingdom!The foundation.Chub Chubs, the most efficient disorganizer. Pillars in our foundation.I got bored keeping Chubs out of the sand. Can you believe how many wrinkles I have??There it is!My squinter's!The tide was coming...Oh NOOOO!!!!Chubzilla! Save me, Save me!Life goes on.Elena's starfish.

Coming back we were determined to find out what happened to the contest. Today Dave told me what had happened. (Read the last sentence on the first paragraph ) I know I know it was in BOLD letters, but I'm sure you've done worse :-) he he he
These are the little cakes I made for the baby shower. They are from Bakerella http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html. Mine were made with yellow cake because I wanted them purple and I thought it would be easier that way. Also, I didn't find the right cookie cutter so I had to mold them by hand. They are super tasty but require a lot of work. I thought I wouldn't make them again(too much work) but I need to try them again, now that I know more about the process.
The baby shower didn't happen so I took them to Dave's party at school. They were gone so fast and everyone kept asking me about them. Give them a try if you have time :-)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! Who cares if you both forgot which day of the week was which? We all have senior moments (unfortunately we are all getting older--I feel like 29 is the new 65).
I am jealous that you live so close to a beach. The girls look like they had a blast. Congratulations on your beautiful castle.

Laura and crew said...

Love it! Love the sand castles...love the cupcake-on-a-stick...love it, love it, love it!

Cailean said...

I've seen those cake popsicle thingies before but never really understood how it works. You guys are so funny - I totally didn't even catch the Thursday thing when I read your blog post the first time and then went back and saw. Who has a sand castle contest on a THURSDAY!!!

Jennifer said...

Love the sand castle!

Larissa said...

We might have to try that beach! Looks fun. And yes, add me to your list. I'm putting you on mine, too.

A Hale said...

Those mini cup cakes look so good!! I also really love the sand caslte!

LizzyP said...

I'm so glad you build your castles anyway. What great memories for your kids.

Becky said...

Now that I'm at a computer that can see "red" I can tell you that your cupcake bouquet IS gorgeous. (The blue-green tint wasn't very appetizing.) I read the directions before - you went to a lot of work!

(and in case you didn't see it, I replied to your speaking Spanish question on my own post)

keri said...

Love the sand castle (and your wrinkly toes). Most importantly, it looks like you had lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

HOLA AMIGA COMO ESTÁS? SI, LO HE VISTO Y ESTAN MUY BONITAS LAS FOTOS, PERO LA VERDAD LO Q HAGO ES ESO...........VER LAS FOTOS XQ SABES Q NO HABLO INGLES..
BUENO, ESPERO Y ME AVISES CUANDO VENGAS A VENEZUELA, TQM

Anonymous said...

UPS..SE ME OLVIODO DECIRTE QUIEN SOY..
I am karelis Olivero