Friday, November 9, 2012

The glacier Museum

This place was so cool, we learned tons about Glaciers, touched one, tried to cut another, went through a tunnel that was made to look and feel like a "Glacier cave"
There was also a movie that was like being in one of those roller coaster simulators, it taught about Glaciers around the area and it showed 4 explorers. Their skiing skills were amazing!
Then there was (I don't know what to call it) but it's like a tunnel and it is divided in sections and it starts with the beginning of the earth, space, stars and all that. Then it moves to the dinosaurs and it pretty much does the different parts of evolution ending on a little view of the future and how we have endangered our planet. It was very well done and super enjoyable.

Touching a little part of a Glacier
We enjoyed a little lunch at the museum. Isn't the view just breathtaking? 
Then, we went to see another Glacier, and look a bunch of kids were doing the same thing. If only we could understand Norwegian, we could have gotten a lot of information from those kids.
Glacier up close.
Driving around looking for more adventures.
Just to prove that Luisa and I went too.
Momma Glacier and Baby Glacier.
A nice little place to rest.
and enjoy the beauty of this earth.

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY GOODNESS! The pictures are so beautiful. Wow, what fun places to go with your kids. I love Dave's face as he's touching the glacier. I have some photographs of him with a similar expression on his face from a few years back. ha ha.

Linda said...

I agree with what Amy wrote. It's interesting to see all of you eating outside without jackets with snow in the background. I love the color of glacial water. And I love all of you!