Last November, with the help of "growing" hormones and my "farmer" friend, we started a garden.
Firstly I started my pots of herbs, I love fresh herbs.
 |
| Oregano/Thyme |
 |
| Cilantro, ready to die!! |
|
 |
Chives!
I try to fix his hair every day, but he's a lost case. |
 |
Basil, I had two of these and then planted some in the front yard as well. Yum!
I kept making that chicken recipe Weston and Megan made for us. |
 |
| Poinsettia, I found one and some how it is still alive, |
 |
Tomato.
Funny story, we didn't plant any tomato plants, this guy just came from my Mom's veggie blend that she would feed to her flowers. |
 |
Lechuga!!!!
We didn't know growing Romaine was going to be so easy. We had tons of salads. |
 |
Pepecorinos, they never grew properly, they were supposed to be sweet, they are ultra spicy! and the Jalapenos are sweet!
That little guy on the right is a bell pepper plant, it gave us two little peppers. |
 |
| Peruvian and Venezuelan peppers, we have seen a couple now, but not as many as we hoped. |
 |
| Cantaloupe and Watermelon. We didn't really prepared this soil but we have had a couple of very sweet watermelons and 3 cantaloupes, one HUGE one, about 4Lb, really sweet. The rest were eaten by the HUGE NASTY slugs. |
|
 |
| My little niece, Sweet P. |
Some flowers from our front yard.
We learned a lot, and hope this year will be better, I'm thinking we will give peppers another shot, we eat too many of them. Also, black beans....yum! (can I grow those?)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness - I'm jealous. Our garden is just getting started. It looks like you have green thumbs. Canteloupe??? Watermelon??? Those are the advantage of a lllloooonnnnnggggg growing season. WOW!!
The flowers remind me of Hawaii - hibiscus and plumeria - Don't you love its smell? We had a plumeria tree in our yard in Hawaii and made leis with them. YUM!!!
AH!! Belky! I was rolling at your chives. I've tried herbs and failed spectacularly! I'm so glad your garden was such a success!
Post a Comment