I was home loving life like I had never before!
 |
| Nov 2005 |
To my dear Elena,
It has been six years since I held you for the first time, six years since you fit in my belly (barely!) six years since I tried to get you to do something you didn't want to do ( I pushed hard to get you here in time for Halloween but 12:24am of Nov1st was your choice) six years since I found out that my heart was a lot bigger than my fist.
 |
| Nov 2006 |
You have always been so kind, sweet, polite and loving. Now that you are six years old you are clearly changing to be a big kid, you don't fit in my arms anymore, you enjoy reading as much as mommy and daddy did at your age. Except for the fact that you might like reading the exact same books your daddy read and still reads! (I don't care much for fantasy)
 |
| Nov 2007 |
You are a little copy of your dad. The way you look is the most obvious one but also your facial expressions are very much his. The way your body is SO SO wiggly, I heard Daddy was the same when he was little. The way your knee comes up on your chair when you are eating, I heard Daddy did the same (just ask Grandpa) You are also as tall as his family, I know you think you'll be taller than me next month, but I'll give you more like a year :-)
 |
| Nov 2008 |
You have one amazing memory, you still remember things you did when you were very little and you are good at reminding me of things that I forget (everything!)
You are very competitive, the first time you read your book from the reading log to me, you noticed I wrote down how long it took you to read a chapter (5 minutes, very short book) after you asked me about it you said "ok, Again!" You were set on beating your own record.
Every time we touch your bike you remind me that you lost the bike race two years in a row due to your defective bike (first year flat tire, second year, chain came off!) You also ask me to buy you a new "good" one so you can win this coming year.
 |
| Dec 2009 |
|
You are very compassionate, every time I"m sick, you make me a card, you bring me water and you pray for me every nigh "that I will get better" if you see I don't feel well, you offer to clean the house for me or to make dinner. You read me a book or just come and cuddle with me.
 |
| Nov 2010 |
You are one loved girl, not only by your family but by others too, you manage to steal everyone's heart with your sweet smile and willing heart.
 |
| Summer 2011 |
I am so grateful that I learned to be a mommy with you, you have taught me so much and you have loved me all the way through my mistakes.
I love you my sweet Elena, Daddy loves you, Victoria loves you and little baby loves you already!
Now, I know you won't stop growing, but once upon a time you promised me you would always be MY baby.... and I am holding you up to that promise :-)
Happy sixth Birthday!!!!
Love,
Mom.
Jan 2007
6 comments:
That was such a sweet letter to your beautiful Elena. You are such a great example of an amazing mommy! I loved how she had to close the drawer every time she put something in it. hehe. So cute!
Okay, you're right. I loved watching her in action and listening to her. And I am sitting here in tears and with a smile across my face because she has always and is still such a sweetheart. Please don't make me miss all of you so much. I love you. What a wonderful family you and Dave are creating every day. Did I mention how much I love each of you?
AHHHHH, sweet girl. Happy Birthday Elena! Eden can't wait to come play. Xoxoxo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELENA!!! I can't believe how big she's getting. Give her a big birthday hug from all of us. We talked about her quite a bit yesterday. We need to skype again one of these days...
You could win American's Funniest home videos with that cute little post. She is adorable..and I love that picture of her and Natalie this summer. I love you and miss your whole family. Tell Elena Happy Birthday from all of us!
Sooo Cute! my kids and I couldn't believe that Elena was emptying the dishwasher when she was 14 months old! And speaking too! What a great mom you are. We miss you-hope you had a wonderful birthday Elena!
Post a Comment