No, I will not admit how long ago it happened but it did happened.
I have to admit that I was very worried about sending the little little one to school. She has been my buddy, my partner in crime, my right hand, the one that actually needs me!
I was sure I was going to cry but some how I managed not to. I had made myself a schedule of all the things I was going to get done during the time I was left alone every morning.
For two weeks I ran around the house looking for noise, or a little hug, or a way to get things done with two hands! I have managed to do everything with my little extra leg but she was gone now and I spent most of my time trying to get things done but really doing nothing :-(
See!! too little to go on her own to discover the world and know about he sound the letter D makes.
I must report, she was perfectly happy staying by herself with her new friends and teachers. She did give me a sweet hug and told me she was going to miss me. ( I had thoughts of just taking her with me right at that moment!)
What is she doing at school?
The first day, when I went to pick her up, she told me she was not going back (hurray!) when I asked her why? she said "Because my teacher told me I couldn't play with the doggie the WHOLE time"
Another day she said " Mom, I don't cry when you leave me at school because I know I have to stay and learn a lot so I can live with Jesus again"
and..." Mom the kids are learning that there are consequences to their actions, that is why they have to be obedient, I know that!"
She loves it! and is learning plenty. I am aware that I babied her too much, and that Elena was in school sooner, but they are different and Victoria has no desire of growing up..... and I am ok with that ;-)
Oh my!!!! she looks SO big in this photo!!!!
Yes, my Elena is finally in Kindergarten and oh how bad it is. Now, she gets off at 3pm. What is up with that?!!!! I mean come on, it is too long to be away from such a caring, hilarious loving little girl. She, of course was ready to go to school the day after they started their vacation way back in June.
She has a brand new teacher, in a brand new school that is much too big for her but she was not intimidated at all.
From the first day I gathered that, she is in the stage in which she won't tell you ANYTHING about the first day of school, besides that she liked it.
Slowly she has told me how much she LOVES her art class, and how could she not, I have been there and it is one amazing room with EVERYTHING you would need to create anything, so much fun.
She also really likes her music class and how there were different bookcases in her classroom.
She did mentioned to me that the book in there were too easy for her, so I took a trip to her library and met with her librarian, who told me she had to bring books from the other school to Elena. The other school is the Elementary that has 3rd to 5th grade. They have informed me that she is reading at third grade level.
She can read for EVER! and she loves to read the same book over and over. One fun fact is that she changes positions of her body while she reads, about every 3 minutes she is in a different one. The funniest to me has been when I found her reading in the "Downward Dog" position, I should have taken a picture but was too shocked by the site, I'll try to get one though.
She is ready to take the world, she is somehow doing swimming and Yoga this year and loves both of them, and has no time to just hang out, so she asks for days in which we do nothing at home. I grant her wishes often :-)
Now look at this picture and tell me if you wouldn't like to keep them in the house instead of sending them out to talk to strangers and do all kind of funny, silly, sad, bad things without you being part of it?
It is a good thing a have a new dolly, I mean BABY, coming.... it is too quiet here.
I have to admit that I was very worried about sending the little little one to school. She has been my buddy, my partner in crime, my right hand, the one that actually needs me!
I was sure I was going to cry but some how I managed not to. I had made myself a schedule of all the things I was going to get done during the time I was left alone every morning.
For two weeks I ran around the house looking for noise, or a little hug, or a way to get things done with two hands! I have managed to do everything with my little extra leg but she was gone now and I spent most of my time trying to get things done but really doing nothing :-(
See!! too little to go on her own to discover the world and know about he sound the letter D makes.
I must report, she was perfectly happy staying by herself with her new friends and teachers. She did give me a sweet hug and told me she was going to miss me. ( I had thoughts of just taking her with me right at that moment!)
What is she doing at school?
The first day, when I went to pick her up, she told me she was not going back (hurray!) when I asked her why? she said "Because my teacher told me I couldn't play with the doggie the WHOLE time"
Another day she said " Mom, I don't cry when you leave me at school because I know I have to stay and learn a lot so I can live with Jesus again"
and..." Mom the kids are learning that there are consequences to their actions, that is why they have to be obedient, I know that!"
She loves it! and is learning plenty. I am aware that I babied her too much, and that Elena was in school sooner, but they are different and Victoria has no desire of growing up..... and I am ok with that ;-)
Yes, my Elena is finally in Kindergarten and oh how bad it is. Now, she gets off at 3pm. What is up with that?!!!! I mean come on, it is too long to be away from such a caring, hilarious loving little girl. She, of course was ready to go to school the day after they started their vacation way back in June.
She has a brand new teacher, in a brand new school that is much too big for her but she was not intimidated at all.
From the first day I gathered that, she is in the stage in which she won't tell you ANYTHING about the first day of school, besides that she liked it.
Slowly she has told me how much she LOVES her art class, and how could she not, I have been there and it is one amazing room with EVERYTHING you would need to create anything, so much fun.
She also really likes her music class and how there were different bookcases in her classroom.
She did mentioned to me that the book in there were too easy for her, so I took a trip to her library and met with her librarian, who told me she had to bring books from the other school to Elena. The other school is the Elementary that has 3rd to 5th grade. They have informed me that she is reading at third grade level.
She can read for EVER! and she loves to read the same book over and over. One fun fact is that she changes positions of her body while she reads, about every 3 minutes she is in a different one. The funniest to me has been when I found her reading in the "Downward Dog" position, I should have taken a picture but was too shocked by the site, I'll try to get one though.
She is ready to take the world, she is somehow doing swimming and Yoga this year and loves both of them, and has no time to just hang out, so she asks for days in which we do nothing at home. I grant her wishes often :-)
Now look at this picture and tell me if you wouldn't like to keep them in the house instead of sending them out to talk to strangers and do all kind of funny, silly, sad, bad things without you being part of it?
It is a good thing a have a new dolly, I mean BABY, coming.... it is too quiet here.
8 comments:
Gah!! I can't handle the beauty!!
I'm not even considering sending Kendra to preschool for another year, and it already makes me so SAD. But at least when that time comes, I'll still have Elliot with me at home. I can't imagine when he leaves me all alone!!
I agree that they look much too young. I'm glad that they're having fun at school and learning a lot. And I'm glad that you'll get your new "dolly" to keep you company soon :)
I love Belky and miss you. This summer was the best. I hope to see you soon.
Oh my goodness! They look older than they are. And yes, I'd love to keep them in my home. :)
Keep posting - it makes us feel like you're not quite so far away.
love you!
I totally missed whatever pregnancy announcement you might have made! Yay! What good little girls you are sending into the world--you can feel good about all that you have done with them until this point!
That comment about Elena switching positions alot while reading-well, I don't know if he still does it or not (so maybe you already know this), but she gets that from her FATHER!! Seriously-he is somewhat of a contortionist. I can still remember him reading books, eating dinner, playing legos, all in the strangest positions. So cute (that Elena does that too!)!
They are getting so big! You are such a sweet mommy!
They grow up too fast, don't they? The girls are beautiful and sure do look like their mom!
Post a Comment