She's a great writer so if you want to read more check this out http://joyousmom.com/
p.s. David could not stop laughing after number 8!
Thanks Lara :-)
Ten Time-Savers for Overwhelmed Mothers
Jump to CommentsIf you sometimes get overwhelmed like I do, here are some tried and true methods for coping:
#10: Go to bed later
#9: Get up earlier.
#8: Put down the magazine article with “time-saving” recipes. First of all, those recipes require a trip to the store to buy something expensive. Second of all, they require an online search of parsnip pictures so you’ll know what to look for at the store. If you really want to save time, stick with the basics—cheese melted on bread, cheese melted on tortilla chips or cold cereal and milk. If you sit down for a family repast and your husband delicately asks, “Is this dinner?” then you know you’re on the right track. When this happens, answer slowly and clearly, so everyone will understand: “Yes.”
#7: Quit bathing your children every day. Haven’t you heard? There’s a water shortage.
#6: If your house is clean, you won’t feel overwhelmed. Period. To help you get your house clean, I suggest listening to techno or the Braveheart soundtrack. Turn up the volume and you’ll have no trouble showing your house who’s boss.
#5: Cut out movies and television shows. You’re a mom. You don’t enjoy yourself.
#4: Since you’re no longer watching TV, you’ll have to take your laundry basket to the dinner table and into the bathroom. You’ll be amazed how much you can get folded between bites and while bathing or toileting.
#3: Set your clocks forward an hour or two and put your precious beasts to bed “right on time.”
#2: Quit the yoga videos and running club. Your doctor might call you sedentary, but doctors aren’t as smart as they look. I help my doctor out by explaining that when I hear my alarm clock (baby) at 7:00 am, I begin my 12-hour exercise routine. Included in my routine are
- repeated squats while carrying a 20-pound weight (picking up toys with baby in arms)
- running down hill and hiking up hill while pulling 50 pounds (trip to bus stop with wagon full of children)
- arm circles (with scrub brush in the bath and toilet)
- using a punching bag (kneading) and
- sprints (after an escaping baby)
4 comments:
thanks for sharing a laugh.
Sounds like good advice to me. (:
Very good advice. Of course if I cut out reading your blog I would miss you way to much.
My darling daughter:
I thought I taught you that "All the best people" are slightly cracked (as in "crazy")!
Life would be too boring if we were all prim-and-proper.
Post a Comment