Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to you!

Our little "baby" turned 2 last week. I can't believe how fast she's grown:-(
We decided to have a Barn Yard Birthday party for her because she loves farm animals.
Here is her "Barn House" as she calls it. Robert made it for her and she just LOVES it! and so did her little friends that came to the party.
Inside the barn there are Horse sticks that I made for each kid, thanks to Dave's mom for the pattern and Camille for all the help.
This was our first game "Pin the tail on the Donkey" You had to be there it was so funny to see the kids try it, only a few wore the blindfold the other ones just went and stuck the tail anywhere on the picture....
...as you can see one of them was extremely good at the game! Of course no blind fold involved :-)Our second game, a "horse race" They were so good they ran and ran around the kitchen. I think I made them run a bit too much because at the end they posed for a picture for longer than needed :-)The Barn Cake, Camille and I made it together and borrow a farmer and animal from Cailean. Elena really liked it, although she tried to eat the animals :-(There were two candles I promise!Opening presents. Funny story, later that day we downloaded the pictures to our computer and looked through them all and when we got to the presents pictures Elena kept saying "I want to open presents, I want to open presents"Two of her presents, a brand new baby and a real camera, she took pictures all day long!. I can't say they are her favorites because she LOVES them all. ( I'm now considering0 giving our guests our Christmas money and having them buy the presents for her because they did so great!)

There are more pictures but have other kids in them so if you want to see them please email me and I'll send you a link.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Late Birthday Elena!!! Congrats on the big "2"!

Cheryl said...

You are AMAZING! I can't believe you made all that stuff. I'm sure the kids had a total blast. The cake especially was amazing. Do you want to get special permission from your doctor to come out and help with Kayli's birthday?

Cailean said...

I love all the red - the barn, on the horses, etc. You ARE amazing and we had so much fun!! Hard to believe they are two already huh, sniff sniff.

cherlyn and family said...

Kids sure grow up fast before you know it she will be going into Young Womens. But you must enjoy the time with them now.

Jennifer said...

I just took this crust recipe that I 'stole' from a lemonbar recipe, and then put some jam in them and baked them. They turned out really yummy. And very pretty.
I haven't been able to bring myself to make the cheesecake yet. I just know that I'd eat the whole thing myself and I don't think that's such a good idea.

Cheryl said...

I liked his hair better before too. It makes me so sad. I don't know why we did it. That is the Kraft cheesecake. But I did fat free cream cheese for half of it and that made it have a weird texture on top. I definitely need some tips from you. But it still tasted really good, especially with the strawberries. What's up with your apartment? How are you feeling?

Lisa said...

We would love to send you a Christmas card. Please email us your address when you can!
samlisajosie@yahoo.com
Lisa Linford