On day two we drove to Habanera and stopped at the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage.
The drive was L O N G , not in kilometers but the traffic there is NUTS!
But we had good company and were having the time of our lives, we were singing, reading, talking, laughing and wondering how could you go so slow while on the highway.
This part of the trip we kept secret from the girls, I wanted to see their faces when the found out what was about to happen.
oh and, I can't choose just a few photos, so be ready for TONS of photos.
 |
| When they saw this sign the new we were going to see Elephants. |
 |
| Playing in the mud. |
 |
| By this point they were SO SO happy :-) |
 |
| So pretty :-) |
 |
And then, they about died!!!
Because yes, they got to bottle fed a cute little elephant!!!! |
 |
It was super hard and the guy didn't really let them hold the bottle on their own.
Which I am grateful for actually. |
But then, we had Elephant fever and we HAD to just HAD to feed them some more :-)
 |
| Victoria was in Heaven and wanted to keep Elphie. |
 |
| This guys was sniffing Nani. |
 |
| Pinneapple with the peel please! |
 |
| Testing the sucking power! |
 |
| Taking matters into his own trunk! |
 |
| My turn!!! I was so excited. |
 |
| Maria is going to loose her arm!! |
 |
Hairy baby elephant taking a little shower :-)
He was just barely taller than Elena. |
The Orphanage was AMAZING! the girls knew for a fact that they wanted an Elephant pet to take home and I was sure feeding one was the coolest thing I've ever done!
It was lunch time and it was SO hot, so we were happy to head over to the restaurant. But we didn't know exactly where we were going.
 |
The place was an open restaurant with this amazing view!!
Yes, the Elephants from the orphanage come here after they get all muddy and bathe. While we eat :-) |
 |
In love!
After I while they realized that the elephants will get close to the wall and they could feed them the little grass that was by their feet. |
 |
Mamma feeding her baby.
CUTE!!! |
 |
| This little guy came to eat some of the tasty grass. |
 |
| And this little baby was just out there playing around. |
 |
Happy and hot!
Next day, safari day! |
3 comments:
By the way, the name of the town is actually Habarana; I guess Belky is thinking of the spicy food we ate there...
This is why "auto correct" should be terminated.
This looks like a truly amazing experience; the kind you can't describe because you just have to do it yourself! And perfect for some sweet girls.
Post a Comment