Friday, June 21, 2013

With friends like these...

Some things are simpler,
Like setting up a table for a party.
Or making a cake that looks better than the ones at the bakery.
Making centerpieces out of nothing.
Even though some of them should have been resting with their feet up.
They still come up with fun ideas for a party.
Make sure you have a sparkly dress and a mask.
Let you make funny faces,
Over
and over
Again
They might think you are weird.
But they still find baby sitters, make dinner, and beautify themselves.
Meanwhile you are still very goofy,
And can't stop laughing
You try to behave
And calm down for a bit
but then, the opportunity comes
To be sassy again
to become the "Protagonista"

of the night
you manage to steal all the love
and attention.
Because after all, you are turning 30
and you have the most amazing friends that made it feel
like aging is not big deal at all.

6 comments:

Meg said...

You really know how to party! I'm so glad you have such great friends to celebrate you. Love ya!

Ricki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELKY!!! Looks like it was a great one! You make 30 look good - I'll be joining you in the 30 Club in October. :)

Linda said...

OH MY! Looks like a grand time! HAPPY HAPPY, BELKICITA!

Cheryl said...

Oh, Belky--I miss you! I'm glad you have so many great friends to take care of you! And I'll join Mom in wishing you a "happy happy", since it's been a few months since your birthday. (:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!!! You look beautiful and don't look a day over 21!

Maria C said...

We had so much fun!