Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Norway- Vigeland Sculpture park

 Our first stop in Norway (meaning  right after we dropped off our bags in our little apt.) was the Frogner Park.

We went to see the Vigeland Sculpture arrangement, here is a little from Wikipedia; "The Vigeland Sculpture Arrangement, sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Vigeland Park, covers 80 acres (320,000 m2) and features 212 bronze and granite sculptures all designed by Gustav Vigeland.

What you don't read is that every sculpture is of nude bodies!! It was a rainy afternoon and we loved it so much. Sadly we don't have tons of photos. I still sigh when I see this pictures. This country is one of the most beautiful places I've seen.
In that note, I will not retouch ANY of the photos of our Norway trip. The majority of them are taken with my point and shoot small Cannon and some with Dave's SLR, oh and a few with Dave's iPhone.

Come and take the trip with me!

  Here we are riding the "fastest" train from the airport to our apt in Oslo.
If I figure out how to make those videos small enough for the blog, you will hear Elena talking about the train.

We made it as it started to rain. 
Fear not! we come from the desert and puddles are a treat.

This sculpture brought back some memories I was not ready to recall, but hey Meg, what do you think?!

 Real size, ready to come out!


 Oh the girls were super excited to find these.
Victoria decided to give one to every person she saw in the park. Some thought she was sweet, others that she had mental problems!


Look at the sky!
 Look at the sculptures!

 In case you couldn't tell what they were.



"I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain,
and ponder of the beauty of an earth made clean again..."

Heading back to our place. Tired from all the flying and ignorant of the adventures to come.
Stay tune!



5 comments:

Linda said...

Great photos! I'm ready to enjoy your travelogue...

Melanie said...

Natalie was looking over my shoulder when I was looking at the sculpture. Her exact words were..."EWWWWW!"

We're not at all refined over here in the country. We just call 'um as we see 'um.

Love you. :)

Cheryl said...

Pretty! I'm a little bit jealous... (c:

Amy said...

Wow! Those are some..."interesting" sculptures! Very creative. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. And ditto Cheryl..I'm jealous too.

Solveig Atwood said...

Oh, Norway!! I am sooo jealous! And I love Frogner park. I had a great time visiting there with my dad in 2004. I love that you guys are such world travelers. What awesome experiences you are having. :)