Sunday, July 15, 2012

Milan I

Bongiorno readers!!!
The second week in June we traveled to one of the Fashion Capital's of the world. MILAN!!!
"....recoerdame, Milan todo nevado, y un tibio sol, mirandonos correr..."

To prove it, this is one of the first things we saw after our arrival. This is a Fashion photo shoot. I love my 10X zoom
Pose Pose...
This is Castello Sforzesco In a nutshell, a bunch of little museums inside an old Castle. The link will be more specific.
Beautiful. Inside is all cement floors and stone walls. A perfect set for a 5 month old baby that is discovering her voice. She could NOT stop screaming.




Lunch time!
Italian food=Perfection. I don't know about you but oh my oh my! it was SO yummy
I had the Milanesa de Pollo (oops that is Spanish!) and Elena had Margarita pizza and David sword fish. We could have eaten the whole menu.
Siesta time, after lunch :-)
The girls LOVED the play grounds....so did our homeless Daddy.

We did some walking around for half a day, after nap and park we ventured to the Fashion District hoping to spend all of my saving on some adorable, out of this world shoes.
 Well, I'm not Milan yet. The stores looked SO fancy that I was terrified to go in and have the girls break something. Also the girls kept saying, Oh Mom that is a cute dress,why don't you buy it?!" to which I would say "Oh honey... it's ok, not really my style"
But what I was truly thinking was "No way JOSE! that is a dress that costs 10000+Euros!!! Dear Salvatore, do you have anything from 10 seasons ago that I might be able to afford?"
 Spit up and all, she is ADORABLE!
 Entering the Fashion world
 Duomo di Milano.
Next post....
The other half of the day in Milan.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looking at these pictures makes me so jealous! You've actually got me thinking, "I want to go to Italy and see these things!" Looks like you had fun-and tell Dave he has to tell me about swordfish.

Meg said...

Wow- that Duomo is HUGE! And so pretty. And also, I think I would have had the same problem shopping in a place like that... but oh how fun would it be to just go crazy and spend a million or two dollars in one store?! :)