Monday, June 25, 2012

I live for days like today.

Such a sweet little smile, right?
 Today we started our day by saying goodbye to Daddy, he will be singing with Julie Andrews on the Alps of Austria.."Doe a deer a female deer, Ray a drop of golden sun!!......"

 As the morning went on I felt so empowered, I thought to myself.
"I got this! We are going to have a wonderful time just the girls doing girly things and chilling."
There I was, up in my cloud, making a yummy lunch for the girls.

The little cuties were:  reading, drooling and trying to get the drooling one to play.

This is how it went...

Victoria: Oh little Luisa be a nice baby, come play with me, yeah yeah crawl like me. You're ssooo cute, yes you are a cutie, mm cuddles. No no no NO Bad baby BAD BAD BAD baby, no pulling my hair, be a nice baby!
Luisa: aaahhh  ahhh
Victoria: yes baby, mi corazoncito, arepita de manteca pa' mama que da la &*^$ arepita de... NO baby no BAD BAD BAD BABY, you are such a baby, stop being a bad bad baby!
over a year ago she split her chin open. She asked the Dr if she could have a button with her stitches.
Elena: NO VICTORIA!! she is NOT a bad baby, she is a GOOD baby, right Luisa, you are a good baby, yes you are, yes you are.
Luisa: AHHH ahhhh aaaaahhhh.
Elena: oh no baby, no pulling sister's hair, ouch ouch. Mom!
Victoria: Bad baby Luisa, you're so bad, stop it stop it!
Elena (crying): No Victoria, she is not a bad baby, she's a good baby, Mom, mom mom MOM!!! Victoria is saying Lulu is bad, she is NOT bad,she is a good baby, buaaaaa!!!
Victoria: Mom, Luisa is pulling my hair and Elena is crying, she is saying Lulu is good, but Lulu is bad SO bad!
Elena: Whaaaaaaa!!!!
Luisa:bbbbrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr br ahhhh ahhh (sucks finger)
Me (sticks head out the kitchen and speaks with a soft voice): Girls, let's stop for a second and think  about what we are doing, let's all remember that we have the power to choose our actions and our reactions, let's remember to be kind and loving. Remember that we always want to "Choose the Right" (man, I am loving this year's theme)
Just then, as I pull my big nugget inside the kitchen again I can feel peace and love, I'm proud of my children, it's all quiet and I can see that they understand and that they WANT to do the right thing. I pat myself in the back, go back to slicing berries and then I hear the sweetest thing.

Victoria: Dear Heavenly Father...

THERE! they listen, they understand, my little crazy Toria is praying to her Father in Heaven for guidance, for help.... wait......

Victoria: by the priesthood I pray that you help this baby to become good again, she is so bad and I really want her to be good, please make her good, and make her play with me and that Elena stops crying, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Of course I had poked my head out right after "Father" and I saw my middle child, she had "laid her hands upon" Luisa's head.

At least I know she's listening.... so, now we gotta explain a little more, we don't want her to get all "Big Love" on us.
Things calmed down, but I wanted them truly under control, so I turn on the amazing box, with Food Network some things are just easier.
They were watching cupcake wars, and telling me as they watched of all the cupcakes we were going to make, all happy lappy they were, so I tuned them out and starting singing and dancing "Rabiosa" until........

 I heard something weird, it sounds like... crying?? sniffling? whimpering? WEIRD, I went to check it out.
There they were, the drooling one just staring at the other two. The big two had HUGE red eyes and were trying to hold their tears but when they saw me, the wailing went out like a rocket.

That is when I realized my babysitter failed me, this silly thing called TV, with COMMERCIALS!!! (we have been watching shows from itunes for years, so no commercials!) I couldn't find a single cupcake on the screen, instead there were children, one at the time, crying, no sound, very malnourished children, African children, with sick bodies, alone, hungry and sad.
My poor little girls, they first time exposed to such things.

I, of course, being the good mother that I am, started explaining how they were so fortunate to have so much, and how some others just don't.
Then we moved on to things we can do to help others in need. That is when Elena said.

Elena: Mom, I know! the voice said that we can feed one of those children for 2 pounds every month, there are, mmmmm 5 of us so we can send mmmm 10 pounds every month and feed, mmmm 5 kids!

Victoria: Yeah and then they won't be hungry anymore and then we can take ALL of our toys from KAUST and sell them to those children so they can have some toys too!!!!
......but no the Polly Pockets!

Yeah, I can surely say I am "Never bored" but sometimes, just sometimes, I want to be :-)

oh and dear David, way to go at teaching her math, now if you are ever missing 10 Pounds, you should ask Elena.

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

Oh, wow. Bob and I got a good laugh at this post!!! Have so much fun with your sweet girls!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed and I teared up as I read this post. Such tender, sweet, creative, thoughtful girls. They are amazing. I want to be more like them when I grow up.

Meg said...

Oh I just love those girls! Too cute! Good luck! :)

Dawnie said...

Oh Belky! I laughed and laughed. What good parents you are!

Cheryl said...

So sweet!