Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

What a day!
I woke up to hugs and kisses from my little people and to a wonderful bouquet of flowers from my mom.
Aren't they so pretty? oh and they smelled SO good!
I had a great day and looked forward to a very nice dinner with my David that night. Being the chocolate lover that I was, and knowing my options for dining in the compound,  I already knew what chocolate treat I was having that night.
Later that day I received these flowers, the prettiest pink roses I've ever seen!
My mom, took me out to lunch with Victoria and Luisa. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed our lunch outside with a lovely view of the red sea and the Beacon.
She was SO funny! she tried to tell the waiter that it was my birthday but she gets WAY too excited, at the end of our lunch they brought this AMAZING chocolate cake. Oh So so good, but it was a WHOLE 9inch double layer cake!
 I told my mom we should just have it again at night with the girls. She agreed, funny story, I ended up paying for our lunch.
Later on another friend came to drop these and visit for  a little.

I was given plenty of time to get ready for my date with David but while getting ready he called to ask if I could pick him up instead of him coming home first ( I had the car) he said that way we could leave earlier.
 I got ready super fast and left to get my handsome date. 
Meanwhile another sweet friend brought me the bouquet of flowers that is still wrapped in the picture below.
How did they all know how much I LOVE fresh flowers? Our home was so beautiful for the next week :-)
After I get David I noticed he is driving towards the gate. I was a little shock because in our little compound there is one "fancy" restaurant and it is close to where we live, but we were driving away from it, the only restaurant that way is the one in the golf course.... and they only offer "healthy fruit platter" no chocolate dessert!!
I was panicking.

The next thing I know we are leaving the compound and I look into my sweet husband's face, he has that squint-y smile of his that says "surprise" and "I'm so proud for surprising you" and I tell him, "I don't have an Abaya you know!" ...... Panic face.

But we were going to the Economic city and there they don't really care if I have one or not.
We tried this little sandwich place, I enjoyed my food, but I could tell that they didn't have any desserts. Maybe David was taking me to Baskin Robin for dessert? I guess that was ok.
But then, I can't remember if he made it or received a phone call and he said "we need to go"

WITHOUT DESSERT PEOPLE!!!
Then he left to be on the phone while "I" once again payed the bill.

Then he drove in his Saudi style home ( it is about 30 minute drive but he made it in 20) and rushed out of the car into the house, while poor little Belky (without any dessert) unloaded the baby and close the car and the garage. I didn't want to go in and be a responsible mom again, I wanted to stay out and get my chocolate for crying out loud!!! plus the door was closed already..., anyway I got he courage to go in, baby in arms and when I opened the door.....
....SURPRISE!!!!
 Yes! my friends were there, 23 or 40 of them,you will have to ask David and my mom about that, I didn't count. I was just happy to see them there. My mom, with the help of David and a few other friends planned a fun surprise birthday party for me.  I loved it!! I chatted with my friends, ate even more food, danced! yes, and I even got to see some of my friends dance some Merengue, Ian figured out the trick "shake your bum from one place to another" it was fun!
And at the end, we had AMAZING chocolate cake that one of my friends made for me.
Actually there were three chocolate cakes, but we sang with one only, the rest filled my chocolate craving for the next week and  half :-)

 I guess it's ok not to be so "perfect" after all, "cubes" also have fun ;-)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a wonderful celebration! I wish we had been there to see your face and your smile! Chocolate forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it doesn't bother Luisa? How wonderful!)