Friday, March 16, 2012

Christmas and a double birthday

Oh the really anticipated Christmas. All the plans we had and all the excitement was filling our home for more than a month.
We had been reading our advent calender, we put up our decorations, the tree, opened the presents from Grandma and Grandpa ( new nativity set!) and had been wearing the special Christmas Pj's. attended the Christmas party, had special play dates, most of all, we had a great time spending time with each other.
I was specially HUGE, tired and breathless! all because of my little Luisa. On the morning of Christmas Eve, I was woken up around 4am (this was the norm actually) and was surprised to find myself in tons of pain. Oh the contraction kind, I timed it and I was really scared. I did not want a Christmas baby, I didn't want to be too late/early for the hospital.

We had a beautiful day that ended with a narration of the Nativity and no more contractions after my shower that day.

Christmas morning was so fun, the girls were SO excited to go down to the tree.
Elena was So funny. She knew we had the book "the Boxcar children #3" and had been asking for it, but she had to fill her chore chart before we could give it to her. Well I ended up wrapping it for Christmas and when she opened she said "Oh Mom! what I've always wanted!!"
Victoria and her little ponies, she was so excited about the whole celebration and told me "thank you for the makeup!"
I had NO idea there was makeup inside that box with ponies!!!
It was a morning full of books. I believe there were more than 10 opened.
Well, when you live by the Red Sea, nothing is more fitting than go and spend the rest of the gorgeous day at the beach. My mom went Kayaking.
and later her and David tried to get on this banana thing, but I don't think they figure out the fun in it.
I slept most of the time, while the girls had a blast with one of their favorite friends at a park.
Then came the double birthday!. Look at her sweet little smile! yes, next to "Victoria" it says David,but it didn't really fit :-(
I know it doesn't look amazing but it tasted really good. Red velvet with Cream cheese frosting.
The girls amazing friend, came and did face painting, and being so amazing, let the kids try their own creations. Here is Toria and Corby, these two are like brother and sister..
My little big tiger, YES! she painted her arms all by herself.

I did have more contractions but I REFUSED to go to the hospital, no Christmas baby for me!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh that picture makes me laugh! Those two are so funny!

Linda said...

funny and fun fotos. FANK YOU!