Sunday, September 19, 2010

Confessions....





About a month ago, while I talked to a new member of the community here at KAUST, I found myself saying "I'm kind of weird about this and that" a LOT and the truth is.... I am :-) I have problems and even though some I have no desire to fix, I think that acknowledging them is a start, so here it goes, for your pure entertainment.....

1.- I don't use the brush I have to rinse dishes ( I use my hands) because I don't want it to get dirty. It looks gross when it's dirty.
2.- We have two different sets of two light switches in our bedroom and  (to me) the must match in position, well the set that is by the door in our room should. I rather get out of bed and turn the lights off there than use the one right next to my bed if it means that they will stay matching (meaning both down or up)
3.- I buy sponges for the dishes by the bulk and they come in different colors. I "have" to use the colors I don't like first. For this one I don't know why, but I know I have to.
4.-No one but me should be in the same room that I am sweeping.
5.- I don't believe anyone really knows how to sweep. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but in my little head it is the truth.

Wow! I can go on and on but I think I'll make it a series. Next week you can read about more ;-).......................................and then decide if you want to be my friend :-(

14 comments:

Ashley said...

lol Belky, I'm convinced there isn't anything that you could say that would make anyone want to not be your friend! You are just too good and sweet and wonderful in every way!

And these aren't "problems", they quirks, and everybody has them. They don't really NEED to be fixed, in my humble opinion!

Meg said...

You're so funny! And you actually made me realize that I'm weird too in some of those ways. So if you want we could form a club or therapy group for people who suffer from similar weirdnesses. And we could meet weekly. That way, I could see you more often. :)

Solveig Atwood said...

I love it, Belky! Glad to know that I'm not the only one with quirks like that. I can't stand to have open doors for example...every time I leave a room I have to close closet doors, cupboard doors, you name it. It drives me crazy to leave them open! I also eat M&Ms by color--my least favorite colors first. I think everyone must have their weirdnesses, we just don't usually know about them until they confess!

Becky said...

Every single one of those makes sense to me (except for maybe the sweeping thing - but I don't sweep, I vacuum). So, have a great time being unique, and be sure to share the rest of your quirks. Then we'll know that we all belong to the same club. (And I also love the idea of a weekly meeting!)

Starting Over said...

Belky I am totally with you on the sweeping thing...I think that there's no way it can be done correctly if there's anyone else around!!

Laura Oler said...

Too funny, Belky! I have the same hang-up with the light switches and sometimes fix them (we seem to have lots of lights that you can switch at two different places). Even so, some are wired wrong (they should both be down when lights are off, imo), and it bugs me. I would love to learn to sweep from you though. I feel deficient in most of my cleaning, like there must be a better way to make sure everything is really clean.

Melanie said...

I love you and miss you!

Jennifer said...

1st, you look absolutely beautiful in the photo. 2nd, I agree 110% on all that you said. I have a hallway with switches at either end and they HAVE to both be down. I'll walk all the way to the other end of the hallway then walk back in total darkness - as long as it means they'll both be down. Luckily, my roommate feels he same, so I don't feel too weird about that one.

Monica Hill said...

You crack me up! I love love love all the pictures on your blog. You are living a dream my friend.

Cailean said...

Yes, please do make it a regular series on your blog; it's so funny :) I don't think you're weird at all - you're normal because we all have crazy quirks! I do the "hand scraping food off" thing too and I think I got that from you! Hahahahaha! So thank you, seriously!

keri said...

Oooh. I want to join your and Megra's club/therapy group for people who suffer from weirdnesses. Thanks for the confessions. Love ya Belk -- quirks and all.

Momma J said...

I just love you! You are so funny and so much like me too. I also don't like having a dirty dish brush but I do use mine I just put it in the dishwasher every time I run it to keep it clean longer. But I don't use it on cheesy dishes so it doesn't get really icky. I also have to have the light switches going the same direction and like to have no one in the room when sweeping. So I don't think you are weird at all.

P.S. I start brushing my teeth on top and squish all my grocery sacks into balls too :) Your pictures are beautiful and you have such cute girls!

Kori said...

Heh, heh. I must agree with you, Belky. No one can sweep like you do. You're amazing. But I'm afraid to inform everyone that I have the market on properly loading dishwashers. :)

Laura said...

you're too funny! is it really odd that you don't want anyone in the same room when sweeping? if so, i guess we can be odd together on that one. =)