Monday, August 9, 2010

Unselfish Thoughts

Today, after a lot of whining, complaining, and generally self-centered comments, Elena said to me (in her whiniest voice):

"Daddy, I don't have a fork!"

I sat her down and explained to her that in our family we each think about others and their feelings and needs before our own, and told her that I wanted her to try to do so. Without hesitation, she responded:

"But daddy, I'm thinking about how bad Victoria must feel knowing that I don't have a fork!"

9 comments:

Amy said...

That made me laugh so hard! Thanks for sharing. It was so good to see you guys last week-we miss you and your beautiful family. Your girls have such cute personalities. Love you,

Jennifer said...

I feel bad for her not having a fork...

Laura and crew said...

Okay...I have now laughed so much it hurts. Thanks for posting this. It's just what I needed today.

Melanie said...

So cute. I could actually hear her saying that. She's so adorable. I miss you and love ya.

Cailean said...

That is really really cute :)

Kori said...

I definitely would've given her a fork after that! :)

LizzyP said...

Ha! Thank heavens for children who make us laugh at with them in their (and our) imperfection.

Linda said...

Megan read this to me the day you posted it - I laughed so hard for so long. Then I kept thinking about it and laughing all over again. Then Megan read it to Dad and we laughed again. (Maybe chortled is a better description.) She's going to keep you on your toes, isn't she?! And I love your postscript.

keri said...

She is so smart. I miss her. Thanks for sharing, I also spent a lot of time laughing before I could leave my comment.