Usually when the girls get hurt, if the "boo boo" is not bad at all, I take a good look at it and tell them "you don't want to know!" which makes them really curious and stop crying. I then tell them "there are aliens coming out of it!!" and the laugh. It works like a charm and then they play aliens for a while.
No long after we returned to KAUST Elena got hurt and David gave it a try, took a look at it and told her that there were aliens coming out of it!! and then she started BAWLING!!
I guess I have the magic touch ;-)

4 comments:
Tee hee hee . . . Mom magic is amazing, what can we say?
This made me laugh....David is such a great daddy..he must have just hit on a female moment.
So so true...the poor dads don't stand a chance when compared to Moms.:)
Ha! I'm going to have to give that a try.
Post a Comment