Saturday, October 27, 2012

Glaciers

We left Oslo and took a train to Flam!
We truly love each other, can't you tell? :-)
This was THE coolest train EVER!  here is a section where you can just park strollers, there is a harness on the back so the stroller wouldn't move. She napped most of the time.

This little room you see is for kids. Inside is like a big couch with a section for books, a TV and a little upstairs climbing area. Small but AWESOME for kids. It was like a 4 or 6 hour train ride, I can't remember now, but this part was awesome for the girls.
Here is our view from the train. Can see the sheep? Baa Baa Baa.
We arrived!!! 
Well, this is the second train we took. This one was more like the real stuff, not as fancy and it felt like you might die but SO cool. It made a couple of stops to see some awesome waterfalls.
From here we took a bus and I think we ended up in Kaupanger. Here is a view of the drive from our cabin to the hike.
Victoria:I spy with my little eye something white!
Elena:"Waterfall"
Victoria:"which one?"

This was our first hike and I think it is my favorite of them all.
We were hiking to that little piece of glacier that you see ahead. The photo is taken from from the car. The temperature was amazing, cool but you could feel the soft warmth of the sun. PERFECT!

Elena, Luisa and I at the beginning.
David " this is an easy short little hike"
 Look at Victoria, then the Glacier, short, right?
can't get over the beautiful color of the water.

It wasn't so easy after all. We had some rope falling thing to do (sorry can't remember the name)
Victoria had no fear. Elena..... she is good at Math!
She is getting closer to the glacier.


As we got closer it got a lot colder and some of us were not dressed properly.
So, my little Chile was a little Chilly. 

COOOLLLDDD!!!!
THE man.
Cool....
Seriously, it was SO beautiful, there was a lot more climbing than we thought but the girls were amazing. It was just the beginning of many of them.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So pretty! That train sounds like Kid Heaven!

Kristin said...

Looks like a place we need to go! I miss nature like that so much!

The pic of Lou in the hat is awesome, totally too cute! Oh and she has way more hair now then during the summer!

Meg said...

So I think that David is turning out to be like Dad in the way that he describes hikes! :) And I agree- Lulu is SOOO cute in that chili hat!

Amy said...

That train sounds AWESOME-much better than a boring 4-6 hour ride in a car. Looks cold-but beautiful. Elena and Victoria look like great hikers!