Thursday, August 30, 2012

"well... I just pulled...."

Yesterday the girls caught a Gecko. Well, Victoria did, she was so excited.

She was more excited than Michael Phelps in the China Olympic games.

They, mindfully, put him in the case where they have their "grasshopper" pet. A Tupperware container full of dirt, grass and holes on the lid.

Then today they decided to play with the Gecko while I nursed Lulu. Minutes later they come with the Gecko wrapped in tissue paper. He is dead, they both look so sad, but held it together during the funeral planning.
The spot has flowers on top, so we know where he rests in peace.....
... Or so I thought!

During dinner the girls keep talking about him and told me how they were holding him and gave him "wood lights"to play with. But one of them bit the Gecko and killed him.
E: Mom and you know how Geckos loose their tails? Well, this guy did too but it is so weird, it must have happened while he was in the container!
V: Oh no! don't worry about that I grabbed him and I  JUST PULLED HIS TAIL OFF!

   Well, I think if we take this to court, the defense team of the Wood lights might find Victoria to be their favorite witness.

3 comments:

Linda said...

What is a wood light?

Isn't it wonderful that she's so completely honest???

It sounds like you're all doing well back at KAUST, and that life goes on... (for everyone but the gecko.)

Amy said...

HA HA HA HA HA-that is such a funny story!! Thanks for sharing!
Just one thing-
I echo mom's question about the wood lights.

Belkycita said...

A wood light is a little bug that to me looks like a rolly polly. Our little neighbor taught the girls, I don't know bugs, and I'm ok with it.