Oh lovely Spring break!
It came right after David's conference, which kept us all really busy and away from him.
Saturday while David was working in the morning the girls and I went to the kitchen to make some yummy Chicken noodle soup.
They shredded the chicken, peeled and smashed the garlic, diced the onions (with a chopper), peeled the carrots and washed the celery. It was a lot of work and a lot of FUN! and the results were super YUMMY!
On Sunday we went to Kristin's for a play date, the big girls played together so well and the little ones had fun getting in each other's way. Kristin and I had our fun chatting away.
We walked away with the first book of the series Rainbow Magic books.This is how I found Elena in the afternoon. By the next day 8am she informed me she had finished the WHOLE book! (275pages)
Funny story, that morning Elena told me she woke up before light came into her room, went by the stairs and waited for light, then she finished her book. She read two more in the series (CRAZY FUN!!)

On Monday morning after an interesting night full of nightmares about the White house burning and someone getting over two hundred pints on Ticket to Ride, we were able to get ready for our "fun" trip to Jeddah.
The goals were, to ride some fun rides with the girls, get an extension cord for my mom, a new hard driver for my dead laptop and ........drum roll please..........
YES! we are the proud parents of Blue Bell (fitting name, right?) the girls and I have been wanting a pet and even though I really wanted a dog, the options were not good and our family moves too much for a little guy to join the fun.
Blue bell, does not care for us and loves to fly to the living room, and he is working on figuring out that if the kids are not allowed to do something neither is he.

Tuesday we joined friends in the morning for library time and later we took a fun swim at the pool with Daddy. He was able to see how great Elena is doing in swimming classes.
It was a little chilly so we had some Nutella hot chocolate. Umm goodness!
To really end the night we had some friends over for some really silly and fun games.
Wednesday the girls and I made a HUGE mess while making our April door decoration. Our house can be easily spotted thanks to our artistic family.
I believe there was a beach trip, great movies, yummy food and some serious family time. It was an amazing week. All I wanted was for us to be together and in no rush, for us to enjoy each other company and I think we really succeded.
To really end things with a HIGH note we were able to attend an amazing meeting with E.J.R. Holland. I am sure most of you know who I am talking about and understand the discretion that I need to use to talk about it but,

I have to say that the meeting was wonderful, what a privilege to have met him, what a blessing. His words were so encouraging, so empowering and very spot on for some questions I had.
I left with a heart full of hope and strengh.
When he shook my hand the first time he told me how much he liked my dress. The second time, he was told about our multicultural family ( my mom Peruvian, me Venezuelan, the girls and David Americans) he smiled and then after I thanked him for his message he told me "Wow, your English is really good"
I really think he thought I was from the Philippines too :-)
A week later we were able to hear from him again and one more time I feel like he answered some very important questions and that I had.
My favorite part was when he re told the story of Peter and for a second I realized again how lucky I was to have met him.
It was the week that we needed, it was a week of rest and fun.
Now all I ask is that you be sensitive to the fact that three other little and not so little girls were talking to me as I was typing, so there are mistakes and incoherence but at least you can see photos.
The week after we had a GREAT visitor.....stay tune ;-)
It came right after David's conference, which kept us all really busy and away from him.
Saturday while David was working in the morning the girls and I went to the kitchen to make some yummy Chicken noodle soup.
They shredded the chicken, peeled and smashed the garlic, diced the onions (with a chopper), peeled the carrots and washed the celery. It was a lot of work and a lot of FUN! and the results were super YUMMY!
On Sunday we went to Kristin's for a play date, the big girls played together so well and the little ones had fun getting in each other's way. Kristin and I had our fun chatting away.
We walked away with the first book of the series Rainbow Magic books.This is how I found Elena in the afternoon. By the next day 8am she informed me she had finished the WHOLE book! (275pages)
Funny story, that morning Elena told me she woke up before light came into her room, went by the stairs and waited for light, then she finished her book. She read two more in the series (CRAZY FUN!!)

On Monday morning after an interesting night full of nightmares about the White house burning and someone getting over two hundred pints on Ticket to Ride, we were able to get ready for our "fun" trip to Jeddah.
The goals were, to ride some fun rides with the girls, get an extension cord for my mom, a new hard driver for my dead laptop and ........drum roll please..........
YES! we are the proud parents of Blue Bell (fitting name, right?) the girls and I have been wanting a pet and even though I really wanted a dog, the options were not good and our family moves too much for a little guy to join the fun.
Blue bell, does not care for us and loves to fly to the living room, and he is working on figuring out that if the kids are not allowed to do something neither is he.

Tuesday we joined friends in the morning for library time and later we took a fun swim at the pool with Daddy. He was able to see how great Elena is doing in swimming classes.
It was a little chilly so we had some Nutella hot chocolate. Umm goodness!
To really end the night we had some friends over for some really silly and fun games.
Wednesday the girls and I made a HUGE mess while making our April door decoration. Our house can be easily spotted thanks to our artistic family.
I believe there was a beach trip, great movies, yummy food and some serious family time. It was an amazing week. All I wanted was for us to be together and in no rush, for us to enjoy each other company and I think we really succeded.
To really end things with a HIGH note we were able to attend an amazing meeting with E.J.R. Holland. I am sure most of you know who I am talking about and understand the discretion that I need to use to talk about it but,

I have to say that the meeting was wonderful, what a privilege to have met him, what a blessing. His words were so encouraging, so empowering and very spot on for some questions I had.
I left with a heart full of hope and strengh.
When he shook my hand the first time he told me how much he liked my dress. The second time, he was told about our multicultural family ( my mom Peruvian, me Venezuelan, the girls and David Americans) he smiled and then after I thanked him for his message he told me "Wow, your English is really good"
I really think he thought I was from the Philippines too :-)
A week later we were able to hear from him again and one more time I feel like he answered some very important questions and that I had.
My favorite part was when he re told the story of Peter and for a second I realized again how lucky I was to have met him.
It was the week that we needed, it was a week of rest and fun.
Now all I ask is that you be sensitive to the fact that three other little and not so little girls were talking to me as I was typing, so there are mistakes and incoherence but at least you can see photos.
The week after we had a GREAT visitor.....stay tune ;-)



5 comments:
WOW - so much information in one post - Thanks! Blue Bell looks a lot like Pete, our parakeet when the kids were growing up. He never cared for people much, so I hope Blue Bell warms up to all of you.
I am excited that you got to listen and speak with Elder Holland. I hope you will share some of his message with me when you have time. We listened to him at West Point about a year ago and were very uplifted by his love and his inspired message about standing up for what you believe, even if you are the only one. I am sooooo grateful that he came to see the saints where you are.
We have a photo of our kids with Thomas S Monson when they were young and it still means a lot - so hang onto this one for the girls. It's not every day that you get to have your photo taken with an apostle.
I'm coming I'm coming I'm coming!!!!!!!! Well, not really yet, but one of these days we are going to have our visas, and then we'll really be coming!!!!!
Cute door, and can't wait to meet you and your adorable little ladies in person!
Looks like TONS of fun! And some very awesome experiences.
And just be glad that you got a bird and not a dog. Trust me on this one.
Miss you guys!
WOW! Holland is one of my favorite speakers. What an exciting life you lead my friend. I love love love looking at your blog.
wow! what an amazing week! we don't usually have that much fun with a week off...i'm kind of jealous. =) what a fun door decoration.
Post a Comment