Well, lets all ignore that it is March and pick up where we left this little blog.
We made it to Peru and enjoyed like no one else every single day of our stay. The very first morning after our arrival we were given our first sign that we were not in "Kansas" anymore.
We were woken up at around 5:00a.m. by dogs barking SO LOUD! that was only topped by some very loud yelling. I went and looked out the window, and there was just ONE guy making all that noise. He kept saying something like "Let me in, I live there and you'll see once I get my hands on you"
The Police joined the event and by then I figured out that the guy lived two houses down from my aunt's and his wife had locked him out. He was drunk only wearing pants and yelling louder than a bunch of BYU fans on a football game against the U.
The Police interrogated the wife and she said (please kids don't read this) " I was sleeping and in the middle of the night I felt a hand going up my leg, just then I open my eyes and see my husband at the door and realized that there is a 'stranger' in bed with me! I have no idea how he got there"
Yeah right!
The rest of the week leading to New Years we were eating our hearts out, my family was determined to fatten up my gringo. Well, it is a good thing he LOVES Peruvian food because wow, they did not stop cooking at all.
To keep with tradition David got sick, the sad part that it was on his birthday. That day I found out all Peruvians believe to be nurses themselves.
To celebrate the girls, my mom and I went shopping. Elena got David a great shirt and Victoria wanted to buy either a neon or a gold looking tie. Sadly my mom talked her out of it.
We played with my cousins and aunts and uncles non stop!
We even made the mistake of going shopping on New Years eve, but for some "picante de pollo" and Fujimori had to be part of the big day!

I did my Marco's hair but he was a little shy ;-)
We made it to Peru and enjoyed like no one else every single day of our stay. The very first morning after our arrival we were given our first sign that we were not in "Kansas" anymore.
We were woken up at around 5:00a.m. by dogs barking SO LOUD! that was only topped by some very loud yelling. I went and looked out the window, and there was just ONE guy making all that noise. He kept saying something like "Let me in, I live there and you'll see once I get my hands on you"
The Police joined the event and by then I figured out that the guy lived two houses down from my aunt's and his wife had locked him out. He was drunk only wearing pants and yelling louder than a bunch of BYU fans on a football game against the U.
The Police interrogated the wife and she said (please kids don't read this) " I was sleeping and in the middle of the night I felt a hand going up my leg, just then I open my eyes and see my husband at the door and realized that there is a 'stranger' in bed with me! I have no idea how he got there"
Yeah right!
The rest of the week leading to New Years we were eating our hearts out, my family was determined to fatten up my gringo. Well, it is a good thing he LOVES Peruvian food because wow, they did not stop cooking at all.
To keep with tradition David got sick, the sad part that it was on his birthday. That day I found out all Peruvians believe to be nurses themselves.
To celebrate the girls, my mom and I went shopping. Elena got David a great shirt and Victoria wanted to buy either a neon or a gold looking tie. Sadly my mom talked her out of it.
We played with my cousins and aunts and uncles non stop!
We even made the mistake of going shopping on New Years eve, but for some "picante de pollo" and Fujimori had to be part of the big day!
I did my Marco's hair but he was a little shy ;-)
Maria sporting our funky 2011 glasses!
Ohh the yummy, mouth watering food!!!
We, of course, danced after the yummy food but, for some partying past midnight is a no-no.
I think I embarrassed my uncle ;-(
FYI you don't know how good a cup of hot chocolate can be until you taste Peruvian hot chocolate.
By this time there were only 5 of us still dancing.
Fujimori.
In Peru there is a tradition of making a doll out of old clothes, you fill the whole thing with old clothes and different types of fireworks, right at midnight you are suppose to light the whole thing on fire.
In Peru there is a tradition of making a doll out of old clothes, you fill the whole thing with old clothes and different types of fireworks, right at midnight you are suppose to light the whole thing on fire.
It is very popular now to see pinata style dolls of famous characters (like previous presidents) for your burning enjoyment.
Some how my kids didn't get traumatized by the event, and Dad... do you see why I find NY celebrations in the US too boring!!
We also eat twelve grape in the last twelve seconds of the year and make a wish as we eat each grape. Somehow we forgot about it :-(
The girls made it past midnight, but fell asleep right after it.
Tio Lucho y Tia Cristina.
We stayed at their house, Tia Cristina is my maternal grandma's sister. They are a wonderful couple full of life, devotion and laughter. We miss you guys terribly and can't wait to be with you again.
7 comments:
What a fun celebration! I'm so happy you were able to go to Peru. You are so cute, Belky! Miss you guys.
Woohoo, Happy New Year!!
I'm not gonna lie though...that burning doll kinda creeps me out.
Silly Americans.
Looks like a lot of fun! Way to go to the girls for making it all the way to midnight!! My little guy was asleep several hours before then :)
Yeah, you are back!! Its about time girl! I love you.
I guess I know where the real party is at each year, I'm coming to your place!
I think I am going to start the tradition of 12 grapes with wishes, love it!
Happy belated new years! =)...i think i'll have to make a trip to peru a priority, if only just for the hot chocolate. you got my mouth watering. =)
How did Dave make that pose?! And how fun! Almost as much as banging pots and pans on the front step, right? Looks like everyone had a great time.
Post a Comment