Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fagnoon!

Our amazing David also found this amazing place for the girls in Cairo.
Fagnoon!!! And art school, founded by an Egyptian artist.

The place is located on the road towards the pyramids and it looks, from the road, like it was built when the pyramids were built, but inside it is just a magical place!


Victoria got to make her own necklace. She wanted onlu blue beads, but the nice lad conviced her to add some color to her piece of art.


Elena and her daddy made this together. It looks like glitter but it is made out of wood shavings and dyes.
(excuse the lack of editing, I'm not using my computer to post)


This is the one Toria and I made together.


Weaving!


Final product.


Pottery for Elena


Horse back riding for Victoria.


It was a wonderful place to visit but very remote, so when we asked the lady in charge where we could get a taxi she said "oh, there aren't any here. Don't worry I'll take you"
And she did! She drove just like the guys on the road! (refer to Cairo drivers)
We left during rush hour which was really bad! And that made us super late, then we told the wrong thing to the driver and it made us even later!
Then Victoria had an accident in the taxi before we got off. To her defense she had asked to go for an hour but we were stuck in traffic.

We returned to a yummy pizza dinner and with wonderful memories of our fun date!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Cairo

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ahh...we love you guys. I'm so glad you were finally able to get to your mom's safely. I hope you guys are having a great time! Miss you!

Linda said...

Amazing - I'm so impressed that you always find wonderful, interesting, unique places and things to do