Welcome to my country!
David had a Math conference in Venezuela right after the one in Barcelona and we couldn't pass the chance to see my home country.
Ok guys, I know it's a lot of pictures but it is easier for me than writing clever posts right now. I promise that after I get home and settle I'll bring my cleverness back!
Girl's favorite spot, the hammock right out of our door.
There two guys can sing the Venezuelan National Anthem!
Star fruit!!
Victoria's eye after her nap the very first day. We don't really know what happened but she reminded me of the guy in "The Goonies" you know with the crazy face.
Meals were served here and my girls LOVED the food.
Arepas and pancakes for breakfast every morning.
Right outside our room was this beautiful mango tree.
The first time Elena noticed it she said to me "Mom, who put those mangos up there on the tree?"
My poor little american child (aka gringa) didn't know where fruit comes from ;-( reminds me of her daddy.
I asked the nice people in charge and they agreed to get some down for the girls.
And they lived happily ever after!
Elena later told me that was THE best mango she's ever had.
and it was SO true!
One of the days of the conference the organizers prepared a trip to a near by beach.
The guy in yellow was our tour guide.
These pelicans were every where! So fun to watch them eat.
Here is the island!,isn't it beautiful?
This beach is right next to some cocoa farms, and we, as part of the trip, were taken to see the farms.
This is how we were transported!!!
Good thing I had the girls, they let me and them ride in the front seat with the driver.
Bad thing, that the handle to change gears was right next to Victoria's hands.
First stop!
The truck couldn't go over this little path because it was covered in water and there were too many people in the truck, so everyone got down and crossed on foot.... and had their pictures taken :-)
Very blurry, but here is the cocoa!!!
The girls were slowly realizing that fruit grows on trees, they saw banana trees and plantain trees.
Here we are in the area where they lay the cocoa to dry. It was raining and the girls were catching the rain with their tongues.
Read the sign... look at the guy.
On our way out we passed by this sign...
Ir reads, " Love is beautiful"
"but planning if necessary"
The part that I didn't a picture of was the same couple, looking crazy with about 4 kids around them.
and... the road going home.
yes, it is blocked.
yes, by bamboo trees.
yes, those men are just neighbors cleaning everything up so cars can go by.






















3 comments:
Belk- Veronica's eye swelling could be an allergy. she could have touched something and then touched her eye. I had that happen a few times with something i do'nt even know.
You are too beautiful Belky!!!! I miss you.
WOW - Venezuela is GORGEOUS! I hope we make it there someday, with you guys of course. :) love you!
Post a Comment